According to the IPCC 2018 report, over the next 40 years the world will very likely experience at least 1.5°C temperature rise. This will in turn produce negative consequences for humans and wildlife alike. Communities worldwide will need to adapt to rising sea levels, more frequent extreme weather events, increasing intensity of wildfires and droughts, loss of biodiversity, and other consequences. This challenge therefore calls for community adaptation and resilience plans to face climate crisis over the next century.
Climate change in the Midwest : impacts, risks, vulnerability, and adaptation / edited by S.C. Pryor.
QC984.M53 C55 2013
QC903.2.U6 N373 2011
Climate change : the science, impacts and solutions / A. Barrie Pittock.
QC903.P58 C54 2009
Climate change : picturing the science / Gavin Schmidt and Joshua Wolfe.
QC981.8.C5 S3556 2009
Climate and human migration : past experiences, future challenges / Robert A. McLeman, Wilfrid Laurier University.
GF71.M35 C54 2014
The atlas of climate change : mapping the world’s greatest challenge / Kirstin Dow and Thomas E. Downing.
QC981.8.C5 D69 2011
Water resources and development / Clive Agnew and Philip Woodhouse.
HD1691.A365 W37 2011
Carbon abatement costs and climate change finance / William R. Cline.
HC79.A4 C5495 2011
Environmental planning for oceans and coasts : methods, tools and technologies / Michelle Eva Portman.
The age of sustainable development / Jeffrey D. Sachs ; [foreword by Ban Ki-Moon].
HC79.E5 S2155 2015
Academic Search Complete: Wide range of academic disciplines, including for scholarly and popular journals.
BioOne: Full-text journals in biology, ecology, and environmental science.
GreenFile: Collection of scholarly, government, and general interest titles covering environmental studies.
JSTOR– Full-text archive of scholarly journals in the arts and sciences. Issues from the past three to five years may not be available.
ProQuest Social Science Journals: Social science topics.
Statistics and Government Information
- https://www.epa.gov/ The Environmental Protection Agency
- https://www.epa.gov/climate-indicators Climate change indicators from the Environmental Protection Agency
- https://unfccc.int/process-and-meetings/the-paris-agreement/the-paris-agreement The Paris Agreement
- https://www.noaa.gov/climate National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- https://climate.nasa.gov/ National Aeronautics and Space Administration
- CIA World Factbook https://www.cia.gov/the-world-factbook/ : Background information on each country in the world
- Gallup Poll: Public opinion polls regularly conducted on political, social, and economic issues. Also published annually in print format, found in Quarto at HN90.P8 G35.
- Individual state websites: For example, Wisconsin Department of Health Services and their nutrition and food assistance programs
- Proquest Statistical Abstracts: Over 1400 indexed tables of statistics on the social, political, and economic organization of the United States.
- World Almanac: Annual book with political, economic, scientific, and educational statistics.