Production of our goods is largely unsustainable in that it utilizes non-renewable resources, contributes to our ecological footprint through land use changes, and pollutes air, water, and land. At the same time, people in middle or high-income countries consume more than the biocapacity of their environment while people in lower income countries do not have access to basic necessities (Global Footprint Network, 2019). This challenge addresses either the linear production system, overconsumption, or lack of access to basic human rights in low or lower-middle-income countries.
The age of sustainable development / Jeffrey D. Sachs ; [foreword by Ban Ki-Moon].
HC79.E5 S2155 2015
GE170.C33 C32 2012
The conversion to sustainable agriculture : principles, processes, and practices / edited by Stephen R. Gliessman, Martha Rosemeyer.
S494.5.S86 C665 2010
Sustainable America : America’s environment, economy, and society in the 21st Century / foreword by Al Gore ; edited by Daniel Sitarz.
HC110.E5 S87 1998
Is it safe? : BPA and the struggle to define the safety of chemicals / Sarah A. Vogel.
RA1242.P44 V64 2013
Brewing justice : fair trade coffee, sustainability, and survival / Daniel Jaffee.
HD9199.D442 J34 2007
Sustainable fashion and textiles : design journeys / Kate Fletcher.
TT507.F583 S877 2014
One with Nineveh : politics, consumption, and the human future / Paul R. Ehrlich and Anne H. Ehrlich.
HC79.E5 E354 2004
Buying into fair trade : culture, morality, and consumption / Keith R. Brown.
The leap : how to survive and thrive in the sustainable economy / Chris Turner.
GE196.T87 L42 2012
HC79.C6 S625 2010
Right relationship : building a whole earth economy / Peter G. Brown, Geoffrey Garver ; with Keith Helmuth, Robert Howell, Steve Szeghi.
HC59.72.E5 B766 2009
Discovery Search– Search books, e-books, and articles in one place.
Academic Search Complete: Wide range of academic disciplines, including for scholarly and popular journals.
BioOne: Full-text journals in biology, ecology, and environmental science.
GreenFile: Collection of scholarly, government, and general interest titles covering environmental studies.
JSTOR– Full-text archive of scholarly journals in the arts and sciences. Issues from the past three to five years may not be available.
ProQuest Social Science Journals: Social science topics.
Statistics and Government Information
- https://www.epa.gov/ The Environmental Protection Agency
- https://www.epa.gov/sustainability/sustainable-manufacturing Sustainable Manufacturing from the EPA
- https://www.epa.gov/international-cooperation/10-year-framework-programmes-sustainable-consumption-and-production 10 Year Framework on Consumption and Production
- https://sdg.data.gov/responsible-consumption-and-production/ Sustainable development goals data
- CIA World Factbook https://www.cia.gov/the-world-factbook/ : Background information on each country in the world
- Gallup Poll: Public opinion polls regularly conducted on political, social, and economic issues. Also published annually in print format, found in Quarto at HN90.P8 G35.
- Proquest Statistical Abstracts: Over 1400 indexed tables of statistics on the social, political, and economic organization of the United States.
- World Almanac: Annual book with political, economic, scientific, and educational statistics.