Admission Counselor-STEM Coordinator
The Office of Admission at Ripon College is seeking applicants for the position of Admission Counselor that has a specific focus on STEM recruitment. This person is directly responsible for the recruitment of traditional undergraduate students interested in pursuing STEM fields of study at the College. The admission counselor will manage all aspects of the admissions funnel for prospective students within an assigned geographic territory. This is a 12-month, full-time, year round position.
- Manage all aspects of recruiting efforts for specified territory in order to meet stated recruitment goals.
- Represent Ripon College at college fairs, high schools, community colleges, STEM recruitment programs, and other off-campus events.
- Utilize CRM (Slate) to effectively manage territory.
- Build relationships with and assist prospective students throughout all phases of the enrollment cycle (inquiry through enrollment).
- Conduct phone, e-mail, texts, and other contacts with prospective students throughout the admissions process.
- Conduct interviews, appointments, and group information sessions for prospective students and their families.
- Conduct information sessions and events for school counselors and STEM teachers.
- Build relationships with parents, STEM high school teachers, school counselors, alumni, and other external constituents. Promote and adhere to the mission of the College.
- Maintain and develop relationships with faculty and staff of the College.
- Performs other services as deemed reasonable by the Director of Admissions and/or the Vice President for Enrollment.
Diversity and Inclusion: Ripon College is committed to fostering a learning community where all members feel welcomed and valued. The College provides equality of opportunity in all areas of campus life and we strive to recognize and appreciate the unique value of our students, faculty, and staff. Every member of campus has the right to learn and work in an environment free of discrimination and harassment, and beyond that, our goal is for all members of our community to develop a strong sense of belonging to Ripon College.
Bachelor’s Degree required. 2-3 years of experience in Admissions is preferred as well as a background in a STEM related field. Possess strong communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills, and the ability to work independently and as a part of a team. Proficient in the usage of computer programs (Microsoft Office) and other technologies required. Demonstrated commitment to diversity and experience with promoting inclusivity required. The successful candidate will demonstrate attention to detail and ability to multi-task; determination to meet recruitment goals; and commitment to the mission statement, core values, and goals of Ripon College.
Candidates must have a valid driver’s license and the ability to lift 10-15 pounds. Candidate must also be willing to travel and work evenings and weekends during certain times of the year. Salary is commensurate with experience.
For full consideration, please send a letter of interest, resume, statement on how you will contribute to diversity and inclusion efforts on campus, and 3 references, to Paula Schultz ([email protected]). Review of applications will begin the week of October 30, 2023 and continue until the position is filled.
This position is open to all qualified applicants. Ripon College encourages applications from individuals from underrepresented groups, including, for example, African Americans, Hispanics, Native Americans, Alaska Natives, Native Hawaiians, other Pacific Islanders, first generation college students, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, individuals who have followed non-traditional pathways to college due to exceptional talent and motivation in the face of adversity, such as societal, economic or academic disadvantages, and individuals with a demonstrated commitment to applying and including diverse backgrounds and perspectives.
Ripon College is committed to the principles of equal opportunity and adheres to non-discriminatory policies in employment and student enrollment. Ripon College is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women and minorities to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org