Assistant/Associate Professor of Business and Sports Management
The faculty at Ripon College are a talented and dynamic group of teacher-scholars who work closely with a diverse student population on capstone and undergraduate research projects and participate in interdisciplinary collaboration with one another on scholarship and creative activity. The faculty benefit from wide-ranging opportunities for support including curriculum development grants, travel grants, scholarly/artistic grants, and colleague teaching grants. Successful applicants for faculty positions at Ripon College will join a group of teacher-scholars who embrace the standards of social justice, value the principles of equity and inclusion, and seek to foster and facilitate student achievement at all levels.
Ripon College invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track position as Assistant or Associate Professor beginning August 2022 to participate in business management and sports management programs. The teaching load is three four-credit courses per semester, approximately ⅔ of which will be in business management and ⅓ of which will be in sports management. This position could evolve to include contributions to a newly developing master’s program in sports management.
- Ph.D. in a relevant field, or ABD with significant progress toward a doctorate
- Ability to teach a variety of classes related to business management and especially sports management
- Willingness to contribute courses in the Ripon College Catalyst core curriculum
- Clearly articulated research agenda
- Strong, demonstrable commitment to teaching excellence
- Demonstrated effectiveness in teaching courses in one or more of the following fields, especially as they relate to sports management:
- Entrepreneurship, innovation, and leadership
- Marketing and consumer behavior
- Introduction to management
- Human resource management
- Management in diverse societies
- Corporate social responsibility and sustainability
- Business law
- Demonstrated experience working in multicultural environments and interest in developing curricula related to diverse populations
- Willingness to develop courses building on established curricula
- Commitment to undergraduate and graduate advising
Letters of application should explain which of the areas listed above are within the candidate’s competence; we do not expect any single candidate to cover all of them.
To apply, submit an application letter addressing qualifications with a focus on teaching in a liberal arts college and philosophy on diversity, inclusion and access; curriculum vitae, three reference letters; evidence of teaching effectiveness; a recent sample of research; and a statement of plans for professional and scholarly development. All materials must be submitted as PDF files, sent to Dr. Tom Hamami, Search Committee Chair, at email@example.com.
Review of applications will begin October 25, 2021and continue until the position is filled.
This position is open to all qualified applicants. Ripon College encourages applications from individuals from underrepresented groups in the professoriate, including, for example, African Americans, Hispanics, Native Americans, Alaska Natives, Native Hawaiians, other Pacific Islanders, first generation college students, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, individuals who have followed non-traditional pathways to college due to exceptional talent and motivation in the face of adversity, such as societal, economic or academic disadvantages, and individuals with a demonstrated commitment to applying and including diverse backgrounds and perspectives to learning, scholarship, and leadership in the academy. Employment-based visa sponsorship (including H1B sponsorship) is available for this position.
Ripon College is committed to the principles of equal opportunity and adheres to non-discriminatory policies in employment and student enrollment. Ripon College is an equal-opportunity employer. http://www.ripon.edu.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org