General Maintenance Worker
Ripon College is looking for a full-time General Maintenance Worker position to perform a full range of maintenance duties on campus while interacting with a diverse population of college students, faculty, staff, community members and guests.
The work schedule for the General Maintenance Worker position is Monday – Friday, 1:00 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. General Maintenance Workers are in a six week rotation, working Saturday and Sunday, then the following Thursday and Friday off.
- Troubleshoot, repair and maintain machines, mechanical equipment, and buildings on campus.
- Perform maintenance service or repairs in one or more skill areas, including minor plumbing, carpentry, painting and plastering, machine servicing, electrical, air-conditioning and heating systems or vehicle servicing.
- Perform tasks such as but not limited to changing light bulbs, changing filters, changing locks on doors, cleaning and lubricating parts, minor decorative maintenance, inventorying equipment, parts and supplies and other tasks.
- Respond to maintenance related emergencies on campus as necessary.
- Demonstrate knowledge of safety, current codes, regulations and best practices relevant to educational institutions in all work practices.
Please note this job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice based on the needs of the College.
- High School Diploma, General Educational Development (GED) Certificate or High School Equivalency Diploma.
- Two or more years of related work experience.
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record, including all requirements as indicated by the College’s insurance carrier.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written directions.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in all OSHA and local requirements related to all assigned work.
- Ability to value diversity by recognizing personal biases, adapting to culturally diverse situations, and demonstrating a commitment to equity, inclusion, and respectful interactions with persons of diverse ethnic, cultural, social-economic, or educational backgrounds.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team.
- Ability to perform duties assigned. Must be able to appropriately lift, climb, shovel, reach, push and be able to work from a ladder, high lift, or scaffold, etc.
Hourly Rate of Pay
$17.00/hr. minimum. Based on experience.
At Ripon College, the health and safety of our employees, students and contractors is our number one priority. All offers of employment are contingent on either showing proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID 19 (currently one dose of the Johnson and Johnson or two doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine and boosted) or be part of weekly (every seven days) COVID 19 surveillance testing, with a negative result should community spread levels deem it necessary. Masks are not presently required on campus.
Come be a part of campus life by sending your resume to Suzie Fude at [email protected]. Review of resumes will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org