Vice President for Finance
Ripon College invites applications for a Vice President for Finance. The Vice President for Finance is a member of the College’s administrative council and one of six executives who directly report to the President, Dr. Victoria N. Folse. Dr. Folse began her tenure as the 14th president of Ripon College on July 1, 2022.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced financial executive with a successful record of managing diverse operations and broad intellectual interests. While experience within higher education is not mandatory, a demonstrated commitment to the importance of a liberal arts education is essential. They will be a strategic thinker, collaborative team member, and skilled communicator and will maintain the highest level of integrity. The candidate will have expertise in accounting, strategic planning, budget, tax and regulatory compliance, as well as a thorough understanding of investment principles and risk management. Strong negotiation skills and a demonstrated working relationship with banks and financial institutions are considered a plus. Preferences will be given to candidates with a Master of Business Administration and/or comparable professional degrees in accounting or corporate finance. Candidates should model and embody a personal value system that promotes and celebrates a collaborative workplace climate that recognizes and rewards diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The core responsibilities of the Vice President for Finance include the following:
- Serving as the primary administrative liaison to the Board of Trustees on matters related to finance, investment, construction contracts and approval, risk management and audit
- Working closely with the Administrative Council to advance the mission of the College
- Developing and overseeing the implementation of annual budgets and long term financial plans
- Developing the College’s financial models and forecasts that anticipate risks and opportunities
- Managing accounting, tax, audit, human resources, IT and compliance obligations
- Providing an independent perspective on investment strategies
- Working with the Vice President for Advancement to ensure accurate estate management and special gifts
- Communicating financial and budget data clearly to faculty, staff, students, trustees and alumni and external constituents
- Supervising business functions including, but not limited to, contracts, insurance, banking and lenders, legal affairs, personnel management, payroll and benefits administration
- Leading a professional financial staff by providing mentorship to foster success
Ripon College is a selective, private national liberal arts college located about 75 miles northwest of Milwaukee in central Wisconsin. Founded in 1851, the College has a chapter of Phi Beta Kappa and an enrollment of approximately 800 students. Ripon College is a member of the Associated Colleges of the Midwest (ACM), the Midwest Athletic Conference and the Wisconsin Association of Independent Colleges and Universities (WAICU).
All offers of employment are contingent on either showing proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID 19 (currently one dose of the Johnson and Johnson or two doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine and boosted) or should community levels deem it necessary, be part of COVID-19 surveillance testing.
To apply, candidates should submit via email a cover letter describing the candidate’s interest in the position along with a resume and the names of at least three references to: Dr. Victoria N. Folse at [email protected].
The review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Ideal start date is no later than May 1, 2023.
Ripon College is committed to the principles of equal opportunity, to provide a diverse and inclusive culture to best support our students, athletes, faculty and staff, and adheres to non-discriminatory policies in employment and student enrollment. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org