The Intern Diaries: Reshma McHale

Reshma McHale

Reshma McHale is a senior from Shorewood, Wisconsin majoring in Politics and Government and Anthropology. She is interning with Pavich Law Offices in Chicago this summer. She is one of four Ripon College students sharing their stories of research internships and jobs over the course of this summer.

My final day as an intern for Pavich Law Group has approached. Feelings of gratitude and sadness have overcome me.

Gratitude because I am joyful that I had the opportunity to meet the wonderful cast of characters that make Pavich Law Group and the city of Chicago an enjoyable place to spend the summer. I am thankful for the chance to further my education in a non-traditional format of hands-on learning through interactions and conversations with highly intelligent and well-regarded lawyers. Finally, I am thrilled that this internship provided me with the necessary tools to comprehend some of the complex inner workings of Cook County’s legal system.

Sadness has surrounded me because I must disembark from the co-workers and city I have come to greatly respect. Each individual at Pavich Law Group provided helpful life tips to stay motivated and positive. My favorite comes from Robert Pavich, partner in the firm. When I asked him how he was, he replied that he could move his fingers and toes so the day was filled with endless possibilities. As for the city of Chicago, there is something oddly comforting about being surrounded by tall buildings and anonymous faces.

I would like to thank Elliot Samuels, Ripon College class of 1966, for providing an intriguing internship to a fellow Red Hawk. Secondly, I’d like to thank Meggie Chambers of Pavich Law Group for weaving me through the legal framework of our cases, being patient while I ask numerous questions and introducing me to Chicago.

Sincerely,
Reshma McHale

Snapshots from Reshma’s time in Chicago

[SlideDeck2 id=10048]

To read more from Reshma and our other summer bloggers, click HERE.

[retweet]