Campus events celebrate Women’s History Month
Ripon College will celebrate Women’s History Month with a variety of activities in March. The theme for the month is “How Did We Get Here, and Where are We Going?”
- March 2 — Women’s History Trivia, 8 p.m., The Pub, Harwood Memorial Union. All are welcome, and snacks will be provided.
- March 3 — Theory Thursdays, noon, Room B12, Pickard Commons. Join the Ripon College Feminists in an introduction to feminist critical theories and more.
- March 4 — Ripon Live presents Ebony Stewart, 7 p.m., The Pub, Harwood Memorial Union. Arts with spoken word and active artistry.
- March 8 — Intersectionality with Unger, 11:15 a.m., Room B12, Pickard Commons. Roundtable discussion led by Assistant Professor of English Mary Unger.
- March 10 — Women in Business Panel, noon, Dahm Heritage Room, Pickard Commons. Ripon businesswomen discuss what it’s like to be a woman in a flourishing business.
- March 21 — Letters to Your Sexy Self, 4-5:30 p.m., PDR, Pickard Commons. Join the Queer Straight Alliance (QSA) in a workshop where you will write letters to your younger self on issues such as sex, sexuality, relationships and body image, and reflect on your personal growth.
- March 29 — Women, Religion and Spirituality panel, 7 p.m., Kresge Little Theatre, East Hall. Women of different religions talk about their spiritual walks and lives. Religions represented are Muslim, Christian, Jewish, Buddhist and Kemetic. Sponsors include the Center for Diversity and Inclusion and the Theta Alpha Kappa National Honor Society for Religious Studies.
- March 29 — “Women in the Draft,” a table discussion hosted by the Ripon College Feminists, noon, Pickard Commons.
- March 31 — Ripon Live presents the movie “Sisters,” 8 p.m., Bear Auditorium, Farr Hall of Science.
Committee members for the Women’s History Month celebration are: Kyonna Withers, director of multicultural affairs; Brian Smith, professor of religion; Meg Carne, special assistant to the president; Kathy Welch, College nurse, Student Health Services; and Rose Hogmire ’18.
Halle Hadel ’25 and her dog, Eve, bring home Award of Merit from Westminster dog show
Halle Hadel ’25 of Ripon, Wisconsin, and her Siberian husky, Eve, received an Award of Merit earlier in May at the Westminster Kennel Club Dog […]
Ripon College forms new chapter of Iota, Iota, Iota honor society
Ripon College has formed a new chapter of Iota Iota Iota (Triota), the national women’s and gender studies honor society. Initiation of the inaugural 17 […]
Peter Loewenstein ’24 brings family guitar legacy to performance on Thursday
When brass and guitar students present a recital Thursday, one of the guitarists brings a long family legacy of the instrument to his performance. Peter […]
Brass, guitar students will present joint recital April 27
A student brass and guitar recital will be presented at 4:30 p.m. Thursday, April 27, in Demmer Recital Hall, C.J. Rodman Center for the Arts, […]