Women to discuss different faith traditions on March 29
A panel discussion by women of different faith traditions will be held Tuesday, March 29, at Ripon College. The discussion is part of the College’s observance of Women’s History Month in March and will be held from 7 to 8:30 p.m. in Kresge Little Theatre, East Hall, on the campus.
The participants will be:
- Reishin Denise Leong, a Buddhist priest and a member of the Zen River Sangha in Appleton, Wisconsin.
- Julia Messitte, Judaism. She is the wife of Ripon College President Zach Messitte and does legal consulting for Lawrence University.
- Joanna D’Agostino, pastor of First Congregational Church in Ripon.
- Yessra Sankari, a Ripon College senior and a member of the Fox Valley Islamic Society in Neenah, Wisconsin.
- Noah DeBruyn, a Ripon College junior who practices Kemeticism.
The panel will provide a forum for discussion of how women of different faith traditions have found spiritual nourishment in their respective faiths and what role women have in their traditions, past and present.
Refreshments will be served in Wensink Lounge after the panel.
The event is co-sponsored by the Center for Diversity and Inclusion, the Department of Religion and the local chapter of the national honor society in religious studies (that has four senior religion majors as members).
Halle Hadel ’25 and her dog, Eve, bring home Award of Merit from Westminster dog show
Halle Hadel ’25 of Ripon, Wisconsin, and her Siberian husky, Eve, received an Award of Merit earlier in May at the Westminster Kennel Club Dog […]
Review of exhibit featuring work of Rafael Francisco Salas published
A review of Professor of Art Rafael Francisco Salas’ recent exhibit was published May 9 on Shepard Express, a Milwaukee publication. “Cruces|Crossroads” was on view […]
Ripon College forms new chapter of Iota, Iota, Iota honor society
Ripon College has formed a new chapter of Iota Iota Iota (Triota), the national women’s and gender studies honor society. Initiation of the inaugural 17 […]
Farewell and thank you to our 2022-23 retirees
CINDY VIERTEL, 39 years Cindy Viertel will retire May 12, 2023. She came to Ripon in 1984 and was the hall director for Johnson Hall […]