Ripon College offers Earth Week celebration events
Ripon College’s Environmental Group of Ripon (EGOR) is planning several events in celebration of Earth Week.
- Plastic Paradise: The Great Pacific Garbage Patch, an award-winning independent documentary film, will be shown at 8 p.m. Tuesday, April 19, in Bear Auditorium, Farr Hall.
- “Discover Green Lake: A Local Gem in Our Big Backyard” will be presented from 4-5:30 p.m. Thursday, April, 21 in Kresge Little Theatre, East Hall, on the campus. Representatives of the Green Lake Association will discuss what makes this area lake unique, the problems it faces, and methods in place to minimize these problems. In addition, Ricardo Jaimes ’17 of Elgin, Illinois, will present the research he conducted last summer during his internship with the Green Lake Association.
Attendees will leave the presentation with a deeper appreciation of our surrounding watershed and glimpse the career-building educational opportunities available in our area.
- “Prairie Promenade,” a nature walk, will run from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. Friday, April 22, beginning at the entrance to the campus’s Ceresco Prairie Conservancy. Celebrate Earth Day by exploring our beautiful prairie with members of EGOR and the director of the Ceresco Conservancy, Skip Wittler, professor of biology. Participants will learn about several different plant species and understand what makes this local conservancy unique.
- ConTREEbute will begin at 10 a.m. Saturday, April 23, near the EGOR orchard by the Physical Plant. Help EGOR and Physical Plant plant apple and pear trees in our existing, thriving orchard,
- Raise the Canopy: Earth Week Pub Party, will be held at 10 p.m. Saturday, April 23, in The Pub. Our sustainably constructed jungle will make you want to ”raise the canopy” at this terre-ific conclusion to Earth Week!
- Environmental Studies Senior Seminar Presentations will begin at 4 p.m. Monday, May 2, in Room 106, Todd Wehr Hall. Senior majors in the environmental studies program will present their senior seminar research.
Katie Tredinnick ’16 of Lisle, Illinois, and Robert Enright ’17 of Stevens Point, Wisconsin, are the student leaders of EGOR.
Halle Hadel ’25 and her dog, Eve, bring home Award of Merit from Westminster dog show
Halle Hadel ’25 of Ripon, Wisconsin, and her Siberian husky, Eve, received an Award of Merit earlier in May at the Westminster Kennel Club Dog […]
Ripon College forms new chapter of Iota, Iota, Iota honor society
Ripon College has formed a new chapter of Iota Iota Iota (Triota), the national women’s and gender studies honor society. Initiation of the inaugural 17 […]
Peter Loewenstein ’24 brings family guitar legacy to performance on Thursday
When brass and guitar students present a recital Thursday, one of the guitarists brings a long family legacy of the instrument to his performance. Peter […]
Brass, guitar students will present joint recital April 27
A student brass and guitar recital will be presented at 4:30 p.m. Thursday, April 27, in Demmer Recital Hall, C.J. Rodman Center for the Arts, […]