Music students to present joint recital April 26
The Ripon College Department of Music will present a student recital at 11:15 a.m. Tuesday, April 26, in Demmer Recital Hall, C.J. Rodman Center for the Arts.
The program will feature:
- Second Movement of Symphony No. 100, by Joseph Haydn (1732-1809), with Kate Cichon ’19 of Menasha, Wisconsin; Mitchell Eithun ’17 of New London, Wisconsin; Cris Magana ’19 of Lake Geneva, Wisconsin; Rylie Morris ’19 of Dousman, Wisconsin; and Lily Lenk ’18 of Avery, Wisconsin.
- Valse op.69 No. 2 in B minor, Frederic Chopin (1810-1849), with Yelin Lee ’16 of Korea, piano.
- An organ piece with Emily Rausch ’16 of Deerfield, Wisconsin.
- “Lobet den Herren, der zu Zion wohnet,” by Heinrich Schütz (1685–1672), with Carl Meisner ’16 of Minnetonka, Minnesota, and Owen Reynolds ’18 of Wales, Wisconsin, voice; and Professor of Music and College Organist Sarah Mahler Kraaz on organ.
- “By George …, ” songs by George Gershwin (1898-1937), with lyrics by Ira Gershwin, Ballard MaDonald and and B.G. Sylva. Selections will be “Somebody Loves Me,” from George White’s “Scandals of 1924,” performed by Angela Pamperin ’17 of West Bend, Wisconsin; “The Man I Love,” from “Lady Be Good!”, performed by Cori Fredericks ’19 of Appleton, Wisconsin; “Blah – Blah – Blah,” performed by Savannah White ’19 of Carol Stream, Illinois; “Some to Watch Over Me,” from “Oh, Kay!,” performed by Kate Cichon ’19 of Menasha, Wisconsin; “The Lorelei,” from “Pardon My English,” performed by Rachel Kolodziej ’18 of Oak Park, Illinois; “Summertime,” from “Porgy and Bess,” performed by Margaret Goodwin ’18 of Port Washington, Wisconsin; and “My Cousin in Milwaukee,” performed by Sophie Widman ’18 of Boulder Creek California.
(Photo: Owen Reynolds)
Yid Vicious, a Madison, Wisconsin-based ensemble specializing in a unique blend of traditional and contemporary Yiddish folk music, will perform in the Chamber Music and […]
Students participating in the summer Momentum Leadership Fellows Program took a field trip to the Milwaukee Zoo Aug. 11 and met with Jodi Gibson ’89, […]
The Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra will return to Ripon College Sunday, Oct. 1, for its annual appearance on campus. The free performance will be presented by […]
A husband-and-wife soprano and piano duo will perform at Ripon College Friday, Sept. 15, as part of the Chamber Music and Jazz at Ripon series. […]