Sports nutrition workshop will be held Aug. 23
A free sports nutrition workshop will be held from 7 to 8 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 23, in Bear Auditorium, Farr Hall of Science. Lee Hyrkas, a registered dietitian with Bellin Health in Green Bay, will be the presenter. He will address topics related to nutrition and performance.
He says nutrition is a critical piece of the performance puzzle. In particular, the amount, timing and type of food consumed at meals plays a critical role in enhancing athletic performance, overall health and recovery from competition.
Topics will include:
- Energy needs for training and competition
- The impact of inadequate nutrition on training
- Carbohydrate, protein and fat guidance for peak performance
- Fueling recommendations for pre-, during, and post-competition
- Hydration needs
- Tournament fueling and eating on the road
- Healthy strategies to gain lean body mass and lose body fat
- Building a performance plate at meals
- Quick and healthy meal and snack ideas
- Sports supplements
- Sport-specific fueling (soccer, cross country, basketball, etc.)
- Foods that boost your immune system
All are welcome to attend.
The Ripon College music ensembles will perform their holiday concert Sunday, Dec. 5. The program will begin at 3:15 p.m. in Demmer Recital Hall, C.J. […]
Following months of exploration, collaboration and preparation, the fall 2021 Catalyst Day will take place Wednesday. Held each fall and spring, Catalyst Day is designed […]
Ripon College student-athletes have swept the 2021 Midwest Conference (MWC) Awards for academic success. Payton Rahn, an English and politics and government double major from […]
Nicholas Eastman, Ethan Hansen ’23 collaborate for article in academic journal, conference presentation
Nicholas Eastman, assistant professor of educational studies, and Ethan Hansen ’23 of Raymond, Wisconsin, collaborated for an article in the forthcoming issue of the academic […]