Sports nutrition workshop will be held Aug. 23
A free sports nutrition workshop will be held from 7 to 8 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 23, in Bear Auditorium, Farr Hall of Science. Lee Hyrkas, a registered dietitian with Bellin Health in Green Bay, will be the presenter. He will address topics related to nutrition and performance.
He says nutrition is a critical piece of the performance puzzle. In particular, the amount, timing and type of food consumed at meals plays a critical role in enhancing athletic performance, overall health and recovery from competition.
Topics will include:
- Energy needs for training and competition
- The impact of inadequate nutrition on training
- Carbohydrate, protein and fat guidance for peak performance
- Fueling recommendations for pre-, during, and post-competition
- Hydration needs
- Tournament fueling and eating on the road
- Healthy strategies to gain lean body mass and lose body fat
- Building a performance plate at meals
- Quick and healthy meal and snack ideas
- Sports supplements
- Sport-specific fueling (soccer, cross country, basketball, etc.)
- Foods that boost your immune system
All are welcome to attend.
Jacqueline Clark, professor of sociology and the Helen Swift Neilson Professor of Cultural Studies; Kaeley Miller ’24 of Norway, Michigan; and Alison DeNamur ’25 of […]
A variety of musical solo and chamber works will be presented in a concert Thursday, Dec. 7, at Ripon College. The recital will begin at […]
All of the music ensembles of the Department of Music at Ripon College will present their annual Holiday Concert Sunday, Dec. 3. Two performances are […]
Peter Loewenstein ’24 of Oshkosh, Wisconsin, will perform a guitar recital Friday, Dec. 8, at the Thrasher Opera House in Green Lake. The recital will […]