Sports nutrition workshop will be held Aug. 23
A free sports nutrition workshop will be held from 7 to 8 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 23, in Bear Auditorium, Farr Hall of Science. Lee Hyrkas, a registered dietitian with Bellin Health in Green Bay, will be the presenter. He will address topics related to nutrition and performance.
He says nutrition is a critical piece of the performance puzzle. In particular, the amount, timing and type of food consumed at meals plays a critical role in enhancing athletic performance, overall health and recovery from competition.
Topics will include:
- Energy needs for training and competition
- The impact of inadequate nutrition on training
- Carbohydrate, protein and fat guidance for peak performance
- Fueling recommendations for pre-, during, and post-competition
- Hydration needs
- Tournament fueling and eating on the road
- Healthy strategies to gain lean body mass and lose body fat
- Building a performance plate at meals
- Quick and healthy meal and snack ideas
- Sports supplements
- Sport-specific fueling (soccer, cross country, basketball, etc.)
- Foods that boost your immune system
All are welcome to attend.
Seventeen students collaborated with Professor of Chemistry Joe Scanlon and Associate Professor of Chemistry Patrick Willoughby on ground-breaking research that resulted in a published article […]
The Ripon College community is growing. As of Aug. 27, we welcome a class of 250 first-year students and nine transfer students. This compares to […]
When Chase Polyak ’25 of Lombard, Illinois, starts at Ripon College as a freshman this fall, she brings with her some touching family connections. She […]
Ripon College’s inaugural Momentum Leadership Fellows Program launched Monday with 26 participating students and will run for three weeks up to the start of the […]