Students to discuss integration Jan. 25
As part of Martin Luther King Jr. Week on campus, on Wednesday students will discuss how integrated the Ripon College community is. The program will run from 4:15 to 5:15 p.m. in Kresge Little Theater, East Hall. All are welcome to attend. The panel of students will discuss integration of races, gender, class, ability and more.
Panelists and the groups they represent include:
- Abby Korb ’20 of Burlington, Wisconsin, Feminists
- Nnamdi Ezoke ’20 of Monee, Illinois, Black Student Union
- Sam Ginkel ’19 of Mequon, Wisconsin, Queer Straight Alliance
- Jairo Javier ’19 of Chicago, Illinois, La Unida
- Rachel Stanley ’17 of Waukesha, Wisconsin, DREAM
- Ermias Woldu ’19 of Ethiopia, Cultural Diversity Club
Rachel Steiner ’17 of Oshkosh, Wisconsin, will be the moderator.
The discussion also will be live streamed on YouTube (and later archived) at Ripon College Live Events.
Ripon College President Zach Messitte announced today that he will leave his position at the end of the fall 2021 semester and return to his […]
One Day Stronger: How One Union Local Saved a Mill and Changed an Industry — And What It Means for American Manufacturing, a new book […]
Seventeen students collaborated with Professor of Chemistry Joe Scanlon and Associate Professor of Chemistry Patrick Willoughby on ground-breaking research that resulted in a published article […]
The Ripon College community is growing. As of Aug. 27, we welcome a class of 250 first-year students and nine transfer students. This compares to […]