Packers alumni, local officials to face off Sept. 7 in basketball charity event
Willmore Center Kickoff Event, featuring Green Bay Packers Alumni, a charity basketball game, will be held Thursday, Sept. 7, at Willmore Center, Ripon College. The game will begin at 6 p.m. in Weiske Gymnasium. Packers alumni will play representatives of the Ripon Police Department.
A special autograph session will follow the game approximately 7 p.m. The concession stand also will be open.
The event is being held to raise awareness and crucial funds for the Ripon Police Department.
Tickets are available for $10 per person.
Among the Packers alumni to participate in the game are:
- Bill Schroeder, a wide receiver with Green Bay during 1994 and 1997-2001 and a member of the 1997 Super Bowl team.
- Bill Ferrario, an offensive lineman who played four years in the NFL, two with Green Bay. He was a back-to-back Rose Bowl Champion in 1999 and 2000 with the Wisconsin Badgers; blocked for Heisman Trophy winner Ron Dayne; and won All-American honors in 2000.
- Dexter McNabb, a full back who spent two seasons with Green Bay and was a member of the SEC Champion Florida Gators.
- Chris Francies, a wide receiver who spent two seasons with Green Bay.
- Tony Fisher, who played running back for the Packers from 2002-2005. He later served as the community outreach department’s player/alumni senior coordinator.
Questions may be directed to Jason Krueger, building manager of Willmore Center, at 920-748-8740 or [email protected].
A reunion of the Red Hawks’ 1996 and 2001 Midwest Conference Championship teams will be held Saturday, Sept. 18. Both teams will be honored at […]
Join Ripon College students today for their culminating presentations in the capstone seminar of the Catalyst curriculum. Catalyst Day — held each fall and spring […]
All may attend a guest lecture about arts education, arts management and professional practice to be presented Monday via Zoom webinar. Frank Juarez, art department […]
Allen J. Buechel and Rick Gedemer, candidates in the April 6 election for Fond du Lac County executive, will participate in a virtual candidates forum […]