Packers alumni, local officials to face off Sept. 7 in basketball charity event
Willmore Center Kickoff Event, featuring Green Bay Packers Alumni, a charity basketball game, will be held Thursday, Sept. 7, at Willmore Center, Ripon College. The game will begin at 6 p.m. in Weiske Gymnasium. Packers alumni will play representatives of the Ripon Police Department.
A special autograph session will follow the game approximately 7 p.m. The concession stand also will be open.
The event is being held to raise awareness and crucial funds for the Ripon Police Department.
Tickets are available for $10 per person.
Among the Packers alumni to participate in the game are:
- Bill Schroeder, a wide receiver with Green Bay during 1994 and 1997-2001 and a member of the 1997 Super Bowl team.
- Bill Ferrario, an offensive lineman who played four years in the NFL, two with Green Bay. He was a back-to-back Rose Bowl Champion in 1999 and 2000 with the Wisconsin Badgers; blocked for Heisman Trophy winner Ron Dayne; and won All-American honors in 2000.
- Dexter McNabb, a full back who spent two seasons with Green Bay and was a member of the SEC Champion Florida Gators.
- Chris Francies, a wide receiver who spent two seasons with Green Bay.
- Tony Fisher, who played running back for the Packers from 2002-2005. He later served as the community outreach department’s player/alumni senior coordinator.
Questions may be directed to Jason Krueger, building manager of Willmore Center, at 920-748-8740 or [email protected].
Memoirist Kelly Sundberg will speak virtually Wednesday, April 27, as part of the Visiting Writers Series at Ripon College. The event will begin at 7 […]
“Immigration and Citizenship after COVID-19,” a Zoom talk, will be presented Tuesday, April 19, at Ripon College. Presented by the Student Advisory Board of the […]
“Civic Virus: Why Polarization Is a Misdiagnosis” will be presented in a Zoom conversation March 29 by the Center for Politics and the People and […]
“Russia-Ukraine War,” a live webinar discussion about the current event, will be presented Tuesday, March 8, by the Center for Politics and the People at […]