Packers alumni, local officials to face off Sept. 7 in basketball charity event
Willmore Center Kickoff Event, featuring Green Bay Packers Alumni, a charity basketball game, will be held Thursday, Sept. 7, at Willmore Center, Ripon College. The game will begin at 6 p.m. in Weiske Gymnasium. Packers alumni will play representatives of the Ripon Police Department.
A special autograph session will follow the game approximately 7 p.m. The concession stand also will be open.
The event is being held to raise awareness and crucial funds for the Ripon Police Department.
Tickets are available for $10 per person.
Among the Packers alumni to participate in the game are:
- Bill Schroeder, a wide receiver with Green Bay during 1994 and 1997-2001 and a member of the 1997 Super Bowl team.
- Bill Ferrario, an offensive lineman who played four years in the NFL, two with Green Bay. He was a back-to-back Rose Bowl Champion in 1999 and 2000 with the Wisconsin Badgers; blocked for Heisman Trophy winner Ron Dayne; and won All-American honors in 2000.
- Dexter McNabb, a full back who spent two seasons with Green Bay and was a member of the SEC Champion Florida Gators.
- Chris Francies, a wide receiver who spent two seasons with Green Bay.
- Tony Fisher, who played running back for the Packers from 2002-2005. He later served as the community outreach department’s player/alumni senior coordinator.
Questions may be directed to Jason Krueger, building manager of Willmore Center, at 920-748-8740 or [email protected].
Acclaimed theatre critic Peter Filichia will discuss ‘The Business of Show Business’ April 18
“The Business of Show Business,” a discussion about theatre with acclaimed theatre critic Peter Filichia, will be held Tuesday, April 18, at Ripon College. The […]
Ripon College names Kenny Finco new head coach of men’s basketball
Ripon College announces that Kenny Finco has been selected as its next head coach of men’s basketball. He will assume his duties April 3. For […]
Speakers will discuss cancel culture April 11 at Ripon College
“Cancel Culture: Accountability or Censorship?” will be presented April 11 at Ripon College. The discussion will begin at 6:30 p.m. in Kresge Little Theatre, East […]
Award-winning poet will read from her work April 12 at Ripon College
RIPON — Torrin A. Greathouse, author of the award-winning poetry collection “Wound from the Mouth of a Wound,” will read from her work Wednesday, April […]