Ripon College Orchestra will perform Dec. 2
The Ripon College Orchestra will perform Saturday, Dec. 2. The concert will begin at 7:30 p.m. in Demmer Recital Hall, C.J. Rodman Center for the Arts.
The program will include “La Muerte Del Angel,” by Astor Piazzolla; “Kol Nidrei,” by Max Bruch, featuring Eric Lakanen, instructor of cello at Purdue University, on cello; and Symphony No. 9 “New World,” by Antonin Dvorak.
Michael Lund Ziegler, adjunct instructor of music, is the conductor.
- Violin: Laryssa Vaclavik ’20 of Portage, Wisconsin; Mitra Kermani ’20 of Louisville, Colorado; Nicholas Badtke ’17 of Green Bay, Wisconsin; Johannes Deegen ’18 of Berlin, Wisconsin; Kiera Robe ’21 of Oshkosh, Wiscosin; Katelyn Van Swol ’20 of Sturtevant, Wisconsin; Brooklyn Landgraf ’21 of Sheboygan, Wisconsin; and Wil Bridenhagen ’21 of Neenah, Wisconsin.
- Viola: Caitlin McNulty ’21 of Neenah, Wisconsin; and Mandalay Monsanto ’21 of Lake Geneva, Wisconsin.
- Cello: DeLou Wilson ’18 of Madison, Wisconsin; Johanna Wigand ’20 of West Allis, Wisconsin; and Jon Stehlik ’18 of Wheaton, Illinois.
- Bass: Madira Hall ’21 of Marshfield, Wisconsin.
- Flute: Madison King ’21 of Stevens Point, Wisconsin; and Allison Pieper ’21 of Kohler, Wisconsin.
Travis Nygard presents paper at conference of Midwest Art History Society, publishes essay in book
Associate Professor of Art History Travis Nygard recently published an essay in a new book and presented a paper. “Interpreting an Ancient Maya Masterpiece, Palenque’s […]
Halle Hadel ’25 and her dog, Eve, bring home Award of Merit from Westminster dog show
Halle Hadel ’25 of Ripon, Wisconsin, and her Siberian husky, Eve, received an Award of Merit earlier in May at the Westminster Kennel Club Dog […]
Jessie Lillis ’13 returns to Ripon for summer residency, presentation of Shakespeare plays
When a series of free performances of plays by William Shakespeare is presented in the Ripon/Green Lake area this summer, Jessie Lillis ’13 will be […]
Review of exhibit featuring work of Rafael Francisco Salas published
A review of Professor of Art Rafael Francisco Salas’ recent exhibit was published May 9 on Shepard Express, a Milwaukee publication. “Cruces|Crossroads” was on view […]