Symphonic Wind Ensemble concert cancelled
UPDATE: The Symphonic Wind Ensemble concert scheduled for Sunday, April 15, at 3:15 p.m. has been cancelled. We will make plans for an alternate performance at a future date.
The Ripon College Symphonic Wind Ensemble will perform at 3:15 p.m., Sunday, April 15. This will be the first concert held in the newly renovated Demmer Recital Hall in C.J. Rodman Center for the Arts. Professor of Music Kurt Dietrich is the conductor, and Kate Myszewski ’19 of Appleton, Wisconsin, will conduct one selection.
The musical selections for the program will feature Gustav Holst: Second Suite in F; Richard Saucedo: Song of the Gandy Dancers; Alfred Reed: The Hounds of Spring; Vaclav Nelhybel: Chorale; Frank Ticheli: Rest; and John Philip Sousa: The Fairest of the Fair.
“The Holst Suite is one of the all-time classics of band literature. The pieces by Saucedo and Ticheli are contemporary works. The Nelhybel and Reed works are well-loved standard repertoire from the 1960s and 1980s, respectively,” says Dietrich.
Members of the ensemble include:
- Flute: Tori Braun ’21 (Juneau, WI), Sierra Elsbury ’18 (Adell, WI), Julia Goeks ’21 (Lake Forest, IL), Isabella Mraz ’19 (Wind Lake, WI), Allison Pieper ’21 (Kohler, WI), piccolo, and Mackenzie Skumatz ’19 (Oconomowoc, WI)
- Oboe: Courtney Olson ’18 (New London, WI)
- Bassoon: Rylie Morris ’19 (Dousman, WI)
- Clarinet: Janet Breza, Morgan Hoffmann ’20 (Waupun, WI), Emilee Hughes, Kate Myszewski ’19 (Appleton, WI), Susan Sheppard, Julie Waldvogel-Leitner ’02, and Ben Wozniczka ’18 (New London, WI)
- Bass Clarinet: Alyssa Paulsen
- Alto Saxophone: Ellen Hughes ’19 (Reedsville, WI), Melissa Micale ’19 (Neenah, WI), Alexandra Molinski ’20 (Oshkosh, WI), and Michael Wlazlo ’21 (Chicago, IL)
- Tenor Saxophone: Jessica Miles ’21 (Lancaster, WI), and Gabriella Mraz ’20 (Wind Lake, WI)
- Baritone Saxophone: Christopher Magana ’19 (Lake Geneva, WI)
- Trumpet: Robert Booty, Ben Ermatinger ’18 (Ripon, WI), Efrain Garza ’18 (Denmark, WI), Dennis Jaeger ’20 (Waupun, WI), Katherine King ’19 (Farmington, MN), Joshua Schubring ’18 (Franklin, WI), and Cordell Walker ’18 (Ripon, WI).
- Horn: Rebecca Brunstad ’19 (Menomonie, WI), Megan Pieper ’18 (Eagle, WI), and Jonathan Simpson.
- Trombone: Becky Bajt ’19 (Mazon, IL), Sam Foss ’20 (Third Lake, IL), James Saager ’18 (Lodi, WI), Wyatt Thomas ’20 (New Berlin, WI), Trish Walheim and Eric Westberg ’20 (North Mankato, MN)
- Euphonium: Becky Bajt ’19 (Mazon, IL), Samantha Kiesner ’19 (Kewaunee, WI), and Adam Wronski ’20 (Red Wing, MN)
- Tuba: Brittny Brown ’21 (Independence, WI), Thomas Farvour and Nick Tonn ’21 (Wisconsin Dells, WI)
- String Bass: Missy Nygard
- Piano: Grace Sullivan ’20 (Oshkosh, WI)
- Percussion: Jim Davis, Mackenzie Dibelius ’20 (Princeton, WI), Forrest Grade ’20 (Appleton, WI), Allison Schloer ’20 (Park Falls, WI), Todd Truesdale, and Gunnar Winchell ’21 (Cambria, WI)
Ripon College President Zach Messitte announced today that he will leave his position at the end of the fall 2021 semester and return to his […]
Professor of Art Rafael Francisco Salas has an essay in the newly published anthology Hope is the Thing: Wisconsinites on Perseverance in a Pandemic. The […]
Seventeen students collaborated with Professor of Chemistry Joe Scanlon and Associate Professor of Chemistry Patrick Willoughby on ground-breaking research that resulted in a published article […]
In-person art exhibitions will return to Ripon College Friday, Sept. 3, contingent on recommended guidelines about the COVID-19 pandemic. Visitors to campus are requested to […]