Symphonic Wind Ensemble concert rescheduled for May 2
The Ripon College Symphonic Wind Ensemble concert, previously postponed because of the recent snowstorm, has been rescheduled for 5 p.m. Wednesday, May 2, in Demmer Recital Hall, C.J. Rodman Center for the Arts. Professor of Music Kurt Dietrich is the conductor, and Kate Myszewski ’19 of Appleton, Wisconsin, will conduct one selection.
Selections will be Second Suite in F, by Gustav Holst; “Song of the Gandy Dancers,” by Richard Saucedo; “The Hounds of Spring,” by Alfred Reed; “Chorale,” by Vaclav Nelhybel; “Rest,” by Frank Ticheli; and “The Fairest of the Fair,” by John Philip Sousa.
“The Holst Suite is one of the all-time classics of band literature,” Dietrich says. “The pieces by Saucedo and Ticheli are contemporary works. The Nelhybel and Reed works are well-loved standard repertoire from the 1960s and 1980s, respectively.
Members of the ensemble include:
- Flute: Tori Braun ’21 of Juneau, Wisconsin; Sierra Elsbury ’18 of Adell, Wisconsin; Julia Goeks ’21 of Lake Forest, Illinois; Isabella Mraz ’19 of Wind Lake, Wisconsin; Allison Pieper ’21 of Kohler, Wisconsin, piccolo; and Mackenzie Skumatz ’19 of Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
- Oboe: Courtney Olson ’18 of New London, Wisconsin
- Bassoon: Rylie Morris ’19 of Dousman, Wisconsin
- Clarinet: Janet Breza; Morgan Hoffmann ’20 of Waupun, Wisconsin; Emilee Hughes of Ripon, Wisconsin; Kate Myszewski ’19 of Appleton, Wisconsin; Susan Sheppard; Julie Waldvogel-Leitner ’02; Ben Wozniczka ’18 of New London, Wisconsin; and Alyssa Paulsen, bass clarinet
- Saxophone: Ellen Hughes ’19 of Reedsville, Wisconsin; Melissa Micale ’19 of Neenah, Wisconsin; Alexandra Molinski ’20 of Oshkosh, Wisconsin; and Michael Wlazlo ’21 of Chicago, Illinois, all alto saxophone; Jessica Miles ’21 of Lancaster, Wisconsin, and Gabriella Mraz ’20 of Wind Lake, Wisconsin, tenor saxophone; and Christopher Magana ’19 of Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, baritone saxophone
- Trumpet: Robert Booty; Ben Ermatinger ’18 of Ripon, Wisconsin; Efrain Garza ’18 of Denmark, Wisconsin; Dennis Jaeger ’20 of Waupun, Wisconsin; Katherine King ’19 of Farmington, Minnesota; Joshua Schubring ’18 of Franklin, Wisconsin; and Cordell Walker ’18 of Ripon, Wisconsin
- Horn: Rebecca Brunstad ’19 of Menomonie, Wisconsin; Megan Pieper ’18 of Eagle, Wisconsin; and Jonathan Simpson.
- Trombone: Becky Bajt ’19 of Mazon, Illinois; Sam Foss ’20 of Third Lake, Illinois; James Saager ’18 of Lodi, Wisconsin; Wyatt Thomas ’20 of New Berlin, Wisconsin; Trish Walheim; and Eric Westberg ’20 of North Mankato, Minnesota
- Euphonium: Becky Bajt ’19 of Mazon, Illinois; Samantha Kiesner ’19 of Kewaunee, Wisconsin; and Adam Wronski ’20 of Red Wing, Minnesota
- Tuba: Brittny Brown ’21 of Independence, Wisconsin; Thomas Farvour; and and Nick Tonn ’21 of Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
- String Bass: Missy Nygard
- Piano: Grace Sullivan ’20 of Oshkosh, Wisconsin
- Percussion: Jim Davis; Mackenzie Dibelius ’20 of Princeton, Wisconsin; Forrest Grade ’20 of Appleton, Wisconsin; Allison Schloer ’20 of Park Falls, Wisconsin; Todd Truesdale; and Gunnar Winchell ’21 of Cambria, Wisconsin
Halle Hadel ’25 and her dog, Eve, bring home Award of Merit from Westminster dog show
Halle Hadel ’25 of Ripon, Wisconsin, and her Siberian husky, Eve, received an Award of Merit earlier in May at the Westminster Kennel Club Dog […]
Jessie Lillis ’13 returns to Ripon for summer residency, presentation of Shakespeare plays
When a series of free performances of plays by William Shakespeare is presented in the Ripon/Green Lake area this summer, Jessie Lillis ’13 will be […]
Review of exhibit featuring work of Rafael Francisco Salas published
A review of Professor of Art Rafael Francisco Salas’ recent exhibit was published May 9 on Shepard Express, a Milwaukee publication. “Cruces|Crossroads” was on view […]
Ripon College forms new chapter of Iota, Iota, Iota honor society
Ripon College has formed a new chapter of Iota Iota Iota (Triota), the national women’s and gender studies honor society. Initiation of the inaugural 17 […]