Rhythm highlighted in orchestra concert at Ripon College Oct. 12
The Ripon College Symphonic Orchestra will perform at 7:30 p.m. Friday, Oct. 12. The concert will to be held in Demmer Recital Hall, C.J. Rodman Center for the Arts. Adjunct Professor of Music Dylan Chmura-Moore is the conductor.
Selections are “Der Schauspieldirektor (The Impresario),” K. 486, by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart; “Ouverture and Pavane pour une infante défunte,” by Maurice Ravel; “Antiche Danze ed Arie per Liuto,” Suite 1, by Ottorino Respighi; “Balletto detto ‘Il conte Orlando,’” by Simone Molinaro; “Gagliarda,” by Vincenzo Galilei; “Villanella,” by Ignoto; and “La Comparsa,” by Ernesto Lecuona, arranged by Morton Gould.
Of the program, Chmura-Moore says, “Rhythm transfixes us. It always has. Join the Ripon College Symphonic Orchestra in concert and delight in genius use of rhythm throughout history from Vincenzo Galilei (father of Galileo) to Cuban virtuoso and innovator Ernesto Lecuona.”
Members of the orchestra include:
- Violin I: Brooklyn Landgraf, ’21, concertmaster, of Sheboygan, Wisconsin; Donna Charley-Johnson; Amanda Berthon; Laryssa Vaclavik ’20 of Portage, Indiana.
- Violin II: Dean Katahira of Ripon, Wisconsin; Donna Marquart of Ripon, Wisconsin; Abby Stitgen ’22 of Waunakee, Wisconsin; Caleb Klinzing ’22 of Sheboygan, Wisconsin; Johannes Deegen ’18 of Berlin, Wisconsin.
- Viola: Caitlin McNulty ’21 of Neenah, Wisconsin; Mandalay Monsanto ’21 of Lake Geneva, Wisconsin; Sonja Brueggemann ’22 of Hawthorn Woods, Illinois; Alison Ellis ’02 of Markesan, Wisconsin.
- Cello: Grace Sullivan ’20 of Oshkosh, Wisconsin; Johanna Wigand ’20 of West Allis, Wisconsin; J. A. (John) Koch of Ripon, Wisconsin; Nicole Pollack; Johanna Knoke.
- Double bass: Madira Hall ’21 of Marshfield, Wisconsin; Ray Kilanowski
- Flute: Katy Crane of Princeton, Wisconsin; Madison King ’21 of Stevens Point, Wisconsin;
Allison Pieper ’21 of Kohler, Wisconsin.
- Oboe: Joanna Kamps; Ethan Wege
- English horn: Ethan Wege
- Clarinet: Emilee Hughes; Janet Kamps; Chris Watters.
- Bassoon: Gail Schroeder of Green Lake, Wisconsin.
- Horn: Julie Feldner of Oshkosh, Wisconsin; Ryan Schneeberg ’22 of Fond du Lac, Wisconsin.
- Trumpet: Robert Booty of Oshkosh, Wisconsin; Adam Decker.
- Percussion: Mike Manor.
- Celesta/harpsichord: Caleb Klinzing ’22 of Sheboygan, Wisconsin.
- Harp: Tammy Naze of Algoma, Wisconsin.
The Ripon Historical Society will hold an ice cream social from 1 to 3 p.m. Wednesday, July 21, at the Pedrick-Lawson House museum, one block […]
“Inquiry into the educational implications of voting practices of young adults in U.S. mid-term elections,” a paper co-written by Matthew Knoester, associate professor of educational […]
Adjunct Instructor of Music Andrew Schaeffer, organist, will be featured in a hybrid virtual/live performance Wednesday, June 23, at Sinsinawa Mound in Sinsinawa, Wisconsin. The […]
We celebrate the Class of 2021, what they have achieved during their years at Ripon and what they hope to achieve in the next chapter […]