Rhythm highlighted in orchestra concert at Ripon College Oct. 12
The Ripon College Symphonic Orchestra will perform at 7:30 p.m. Friday, Oct. 12. The concert will to be held in Demmer Recital Hall, C.J. Rodman Center for the Arts. Adjunct Professor of Music Dylan Chmura-Moore is the conductor.
Selections are “Der Schauspieldirektor (The Impresario),” K. 486, by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart; “Ouverture and Pavane pour une infante défunte,” by Maurice Ravel; “Antiche Danze ed Arie per Liuto,” Suite 1, by Ottorino Respighi; “Balletto detto ‘Il conte Orlando,’” by Simone Molinaro; “Gagliarda,” by Vincenzo Galilei; “Villanella,” by Ignoto; and “La Comparsa,” by Ernesto Lecuona, arranged by Morton Gould.
Of the program, Chmura-Moore says, “Rhythm transfixes us. It always has. Join the Ripon College Symphonic Orchestra in concert and delight in genius use of rhythm throughout history from Vincenzo Galilei (father of Galileo) to Cuban virtuoso and innovator Ernesto Lecuona.”
Members of the orchestra include:
- Violin I: Brooklyn Landgraf, ’21, concertmaster, of Sheboygan, Wisconsin; Donna Charley-Johnson; Amanda Berthon; Laryssa Vaclavik ’20 of Portage, Indiana.
- Violin II: Dean Katahira of Ripon, Wisconsin; Donna Marquart of Ripon, Wisconsin; Abby Stitgen ’22 of Waunakee, Wisconsin; Caleb Klinzing ’22 of Sheboygan, Wisconsin; Johannes Deegen ’18 of Berlin, Wisconsin.
- Viola: Caitlin McNulty ’21 of Neenah, Wisconsin; Mandalay Monsanto ’21 of Lake Geneva, Wisconsin; Sonja Brueggemann ’22 of Hawthorn Woods, Illinois; Alison Ellis ’02 of Markesan, Wisconsin.
- Cello: Grace Sullivan ’20 of Oshkosh, Wisconsin; Johanna Wigand ’20 of West Allis, Wisconsin; J. A. (John) Koch of Ripon, Wisconsin; Nicole Pollack; Johanna Knoke.
- Double bass: Madira Hall ’21 of Marshfield, Wisconsin; Ray Kilanowski
- Flute: Katy Crane of Princeton, Wisconsin; Madison King ’21 of Stevens Point, Wisconsin;
Allison Pieper ’21 of Kohler, Wisconsin.
- Oboe: Joanna Kamps; Ethan Wege
- English horn: Ethan Wege
- Clarinet: Emilee Hughes; Janet Kamps; Chris Watters.
- Bassoon: Gail Schroeder of Green Lake, Wisconsin.
- Horn: Julie Feldner of Oshkosh, Wisconsin; Ryan Schneeberg ’22 of Fond du Lac, Wisconsin.
- Trumpet: Robert Booty of Oshkosh, Wisconsin; Adam Decker.
- Percussion: Mike Manor.
- Celesta/harpsichord: Caleb Klinzing ’22 of Sheboygan, Wisconsin.
- Harp: Tammy Naze of Algoma, Wisconsin.
Halle Hadel ’25 and her dog, Eve, bring home Award of Merit from Westminster dog show
Halle Hadel ’25 of Ripon, Wisconsin, and her Siberian husky, Eve, received an Award of Merit earlier in May at the Westminster Kennel Club Dog […]
Jessie Lillis ’13 returns to Ripon for summer residency, presentation of Shakespeare plays
When a series of free performances of plays by William Shakespeare is presented in the Ripon/Green Lake area this summer, Jessie Lillis ’13 will be […]
Review of exhibit featuring work of Rafael Francisco Salas published
A review of Professor of Art Rafael Francisco Salas’ recent exhibit was published May 9 on Shepard Express, a Milwaukee publication. “Cruces|Crossroads” was on view […]
Ripon College forms new chapter of Iota, Iota, Iota honor society
Ripon College has formed a new chapter of Iota Iota Iota (Triota), the national women’s and gender studies honor society. Initiation of the inaugural 17 […]