Rhythm highlighted in orchestra concert at Ripon College Oct. 12
The Ripon College Symphonic Orchestra will perform at 7:30 p.m. Friday, Oct. 12. The concert will to be held in Demmer Recital Hall, C.J. Rodman Center for the Arts. Adjunct Professor of Music Dylan Chmura-Moore is the conductor.
Selections are “Der Schauspieldirektor (The Impresario),” K. 486, by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart; “Ouverture and Pavane pour une infante défunte,” by Maurice Ravel; “Antiche Danze ed Arie per Liuto,” Suite 1, by Ottorino Respighi; “Balletto detto ‘Il conte Orlando,’” by Simone Molinaro; “Gagliarda,” by Vincenzo Galilei; “Villanella,” by Ignoto; and “La Comparsa,” by Ernesto Lecuona, arranged by Morton Gould.
Of the program, Chmura-Moore says, “Rhythm transfixes us. It always has. Join the Ripon College Symphonic Orchestra in concert and delight in genius use of rhythm throughout history from Vincenzo Galilei (father of Galileo) to Cuban virtuoso and innovator Ernesto Lecuona.”
Members of the orchestra include:
- Violin I: Brooklyn Landgraf, ’21, concertmaster, of Sheboygan, Wisconsin; Donna Charley-Johnson; Amanda Berthon; Laryssa Vaclavik ’20 of Portage, Indiana.
- Violin II: Dean Katahira of Ripon, Wisconsin; Donna Marquart of Ripon, Wisconsin; Abby Stitgen ’22 of Waunakee, Wisconsin; Caleb Klinzing ’22 of Sheboygan, Wisconsin; Johannes Deegen ’18 of Berlin, Wisconsin.
- Viola: Caitlin McNulty ’21 of Neenah, Wisconsin; Mandalay Monsanto ’21 of Lake Geneva, Wisconsin; Sonja Brueggemann ’22 of Hawthorn Woods, Illinois; Alison Ellis ’02 of Markesan, Wisconsin.
- Cello: Grace Sullivan ’20 of Oshkosh, Wisconsin; Johanna Wigand ’20 of West Allis, Wisconsin; J. A. (John) Koch of Ripon, Wisconsin; Nicole Pollack; Johanna Knoke.
- Double bass: Madira Hall ’21 of Marshfield, Wisconsin; Ray Kilanowski
- Flute: Katy Crane of Princeton, Wisconsin; Madison King ’21 of Stevens Point, Wisconsin;
Allison Pieper ’21 of Kohler, Wisconsin.
- Oboe: Joanna Kamps; Ethan Wege
- English horn: Ethan Wege
- Clarinet: Emilee Hughes; Janet Kamps; Chris Watters.
- Bassoon: Gail Schroeder of Green Lake, Wisconsin.
- Horn: Julie Feldner of Oshkosh, Wisconsin; Ryan Schneeberg ’22 of Fond du Lac, Wisconsin.
- Trumpet: Robert Booty of Oshkosh, Wisconsin; Adam Decker.
- Percussion: Mike Manor.
- Celesta/harpsichord: Caleb Klinzing ’22 of Sheboygan, Wisconsin.
- Harp: Tammy Naze of Algoma, Wisconsin.
Ripon College President Zach Messitte announced today that he will leave his position at the end of the fall 2021 semester and return to his […]
Professor of Art Rafael Francisco Salas has an essay in the newly published anthology Hope is the Thing: Wisconsinites on Perseverance in a Pandemic. The […]
Seventeen students collaborated with Professor of Chemistry Joe Scanlon and Associate Professor of Chemistry Patrick Willoughby on ground-breaking research that resulted in a published article […]
In-person art exhibitions will return to Ripon College Friday, Sept. 3, contingent on recommended guidelines about the COVID-19 pandemic. Visitors to campus are requested to […]