Health and wellness panel will be held
A health and wellness panel focusing on issues in rural communities will be held Tuesday, Feb. 5, at Ripon College. It will run from 7-8:30 p.m. in Bear Auditorium, Farr Hall of Science.
Panelists will be:
- Ellen Sorensen, Ripon College Class of 2000, coordinator of Drug Free Communities of Fond Du Lac County
- Rachel Kurinsky, family medical physician at ThedaCare in Ripon
- Chad Liptow, executive director of Maplecrest At Home and Maplecrest Manor in Ripon
- Kathy Munsey, registered nurse and Green Lake County health officer
- Vivian Hazell, Ripon College Class of 1978, clinical psychologist at Ripon Medical Center
The panelists will speak for one hour then participate in 30-minute breakout sessions in smaller groups with each expert.
This event will provide students with access to local expertise and connections to the community as they work on their research and outreach projects for the Ripon Health and Wellness Fair on April 7 at Willmore Center.
It also will benefit Catalyst 300 students who have mental health as one of the challenges this spring.
The event is organized through the College’s sustainability office and a multidisciplinary faculty collaboration.
One Day Stronger: How One Union Local Saved a Mill and Changed an Industry — And What It Means for American Manufacturing, a new book […]
Join Ripon College students today for their culminating presentations in the capstone seminar of the Catalyst curriculum. Catalyst Day — held each fall and spring […]
All may attend a guest lecture about arts education, arts management and professional practice to be presented Monday via Zoom webinar. Frank Juarez, art department […]
Allen J. Buechel and Rick Gedemer, candidates in the April 6 election for Fond du Lac County executive, will participate in a virtual candidates forum […]