Sustainability in the workplace focus of panel at Ripon College Feb. 27
A panel of sustainability experts will be featured at a meeting of the Wisconsin Association of Energy Engineers (WAEE) at Ripon College Feb. 27.
The panel will discuss sustainability in the workplace, sustainability job market and opportunities for students. Both the meeting and the panel are open to the public. The event will run from noon to 3:15 p.m. in the Heritage Room, S.N. Pickard Commons.
The event will include lunch, a sustainability program, the sustainability panel and a tour of Willmore Center, Ripon College’s new health and wellness facility.
WAEE is a group of energy managers and people interested in energy efficiency in Wisconsin. It provides an excellent exchange of ideas from manufacturing, commercial, consultants, utilities, schools and government, and more. About 200 members and more than 125 Wisconsin companies are represented from manufacturing to consultants to utility companies to state groups.
The Sustainability Panel will run from 1 to 2:45 p.m. and feature:
- Alice Reznickova, Ripon College director of sustainability
- Jessy Servi Ortiz, managing director of Wisconsin Sustainable Business Council
- Korinne Haeffel, director for community advancement, U.S. Green Building Council
- Kurt Emerson, plant engineer at Harley Davidson
- Peter Pavelic, energy staff engineer at Kohler Co.
- Scott Louks, energy and utility manager at Mercury Marine
- Kevin Tubbs, vice president, chief ethics, compliance and sustainability officer, Oshkosh Corp.
- Alec Bartolai, senior sustainability program manager at Sargento Foods
Complimentary registration for Ripon College students and personnel is available by contacting [email protected]
Today, April 22, we celebrate Earth Day and remember Gaylord Nelson, a former Wisconsin governor and senator, who founded Earth Day in 1970. He received […]
Join Ripon College students today for their culminating presentations in the capstone seminar of the Catalyst curriculum. Catalyst Day — held each fall and spring […]
All may attend a guest lecture about arts education, arts management and professional practice to be presented Monday via Zoom webinar. Frank Juarez, art department […]
Allen J. Buechel and Rick Gedemer, candidates in the April 6 election for Fond du Lac County executive, will participate in a virtual candidates forum […]