Ripon College orchestra will present ‘Winter Dreams’ Nov. 24
The Ripon College Orchestra will perform Sunday, Nov. 24. The concert will begin at 3:15 p.m. in Demmer Recital Hall, C.J. Rodman Center for the Arts. Mishan Han is the conductor.
The “Winter Dreams” concert will feature “Winter Dreams” (Symphony No. 1), by Pyotr Tchaikovsky; and “Les Patineurs” (Skaters’ Waltz), by Emile Waldteufel. The 41-member orchestra includes 18 students, five faculty members and 18 community members.
- Violin I: Brooklyn Landgraf, Amanda Berthon, Donna Charley-Johnson, Laryssa Vaclavik, Janet Bond Sutter.
- Violin II: Abby Stitgen, Dean Katahira, Marcy Heil, Caleb Klinzing, Donna Marquart.
- Viola: Caitlin McNulty, Steve Schani, Alison Ellis
- Cello: Grace Sullivan, Peter Mitchell, J.A. “John” Koch, Johnna Knoke.
- Double Bass: Madira Hall, John Smoody.
- Flute: Katy Crane, Madison King, Allison Pieper.
- Oboe: Joanna Kamps, Valree Casey.
- Clarinet: Janet Kamps, Josy S. Heil, Lindsey Scott.
- Trumpet: Robert Booty, Jacob Zuehlke.
- Trombone: Dr. Kurt Dietrich, Eric Westberg
- Tuba: Tobin Shucha
- Percussion: Mike Manor, Allison Slowiak
(Photo: Mishan Han)
Professor of Art Rafael Francisco Salas has an essay in the newly published anthology Hope is the Thing: Wisconsinites on Perseverance in a Pandemic. The […]
In-person art exhibitions will return to Ripon College Friday, Sept. 3, contingent on recommended guidelines about the COVID-19 pandemic. Visitors to campus are requested to […]
A 19th-century heliogravure print has been donated to Ripon College by Alan Leonard ’86 and his wife, Brenda, of Cape May, New Jersey. The print […]
Adjunct Instructor of Music Andrew Schaeffer, organist, will be featured in a hybrid virtual/live performance Wednesday, June 23, at Sinsinawa Mound in Sinsinawa, Wisconsin. The […]