We’re still here: Andrew Johnson ’20

Andrew Johnson ’20 of Milwaukee, Wisconsin, says the most important thing he learned at Ripon is time management. “Juggling a bunch of different responsibilities at Ripon has helped me find time to satisfy each, but most importantly, it helped me keep calm during times of high stress,” he says.

Johnson is majoring in chemistry with an educational studies minor. In the fall, he will return to Ripon College for student teaching and being a volunteer coach with the cross country team.

Because of the COVID-19 pandemic shutdowns, “having my track season end early after such a good indoor championships hit me very hard,” he says. “Having classes be totally on your own in the home setting is also quite difficult due to home responsibilities and lifestyle. However, making sure I always have a direction to follow is helping me get through this tough time. I goal-set each day for classes and I’m continuing to run far and fast to cope with the stress.”

(Photo: Madie King ’21 and Andrew Johnson ’20 display medals won at an indoor track conference)