We’re still here: Daisy Aguilera ’20

Daisy Aguilera ’20 of Chicago, Illinois, is keeping her options open. She is majoring in Spanish with a minor in educational studies.

“My plans at the moment aren’t set in stone, but possibly looking for a small education-related job (student affairs possibly) to gain experience in the teaching field.” She also may go to graduate school later.

“One of the most important lessons I have taken away from Ripon College is to keep your horizons open,” she says. “You never really know what things may fascinate you or interest you. I’ve always been told to take a chance and not be afraid of putting myself out there. It may not always result the way you envisioned, but we always learn something new out of every experience, and of course don’t be afraid to ask for help!”

She also credits Sara Hathaway, the director of the Center for Career and Professional Development, for being a great mentor.

During the current off-campus end to the semester, Aguilera says, “I think for every one of my fellow senior out there, we’re all feeling sad and a bit devastated for the way things were left. Of course, we still have the remaining part of the semester and all the work to be put in. Although this is a weird time, I try to think of the positives.

“I have, throughout my time in Ripon, made such strong connections with many people that I am extremely grateful to have met. They will forever be there and although this situation, will be for a while that doesn’t mean it will last forever. I also remind myself, there’s always more school ahead of me! So we’re taking it one day at a time, as everyone else is. I keep busy around the house and talk to my family and friends whenever I get the chance.”