We’re still here: Sierra Tireman ’20

Social connections are an important focus for Sierra Tireman ’20 of Douglass, Kansas. At Ripon, she is majoring in business management with a focus in hospitality. After graduation in May, she is planning to work in the events and hospitality industry in Milwaukee.

She is a member of the Senior Class Board at Ripon College, and because studies have been shifted to off-campus because of the COVID-19 pandemic, “we are currently working on ways to keep seniors engaged with the College over the next few months and keep as much Ripon in our lives as possible,” she says.

“For the last few months of my senior year, I am living with my aunt, Brooke Tireman Konopacki ’94, of Larsen, Wisconsin. We are spending a lot of time cooking, as well as every moment outside that we can. We have finished one puzzle and are working on our second. I miss Ripon immensely, but I am extremely thankful for the time that I got to spend being a student on the campus.”

She says the most important lesson she has learned at Ripon College is “to take advantage of every moment and be fully present in the experiences that I am living.”