We’re still here: Kailee Betler ’20

Student teaching is in the immediate future for Kailee Betler ’20 of Berlin, Wisconsin. She plans to teach first in the local area, then student teach in New Zealand before looking for a regular position as an elementary school teacher.

Betler is a double major in studio art and educational studies early childhood.

“The most important lesson I have learned while at Ripon is that opportunities come to those who work for it,” she says. “Never in a million years did I think I would be able to have the resources and support to travel to one of the top performing countries in the world for early childhood education, but in just a few short months I will be on my way! Ripon has given me the proper tools to be a self-sufficient and dedicated worker. This college has been a guide for me as I discover my passions, try new things and grow into the person I want to be.”

She says of the off-campus end of the semester, “Being away from my home at Ripon has not been easy. The first week was especially tough as I was trying to understand what this meant for me going forward. Through friends, faculty and staff outreach, I was able to understand that Ripon has and will continue to provide me with all of the necessities and resources to be successful.

“The past four years with Ripon has prepared me for moments as such; problem-solving with community, persevering through challenges, embracing moments with the people you love, and cherishing a life well lived. It has not been easy to keep a perspective that overlooks the moments of senior year that are gone, but I continue to remember how lucky I am to know and love a place like Ripon.”