We’re still here: Bennett Groves ’20

Bennett Groves ’20 of Appleton, Wisconsin, is applying for jobs during his extra downtime because of the off-campus end of the semester.

“It has been difficult to transition,” he says. “I constantly find myself sitting around my house bored out of my mind wondering what to do. Thankfully, I am in group chats with my friends from school, so I am able to stay up-to-date and connected with them. On the bright side, I have been able to watch numerous hours of Netflix, saved money by staying in and not going to Tall Paul’s, applied for numerous jobs.”

Groves is a double major in business management and sports management. “I have learned that college goes by quickly, so make the most out of it while we’re here,” he says. “Coming in as a freshman, I never would have thought that I would be sitting at my house during my second semester senior year without some of my closest friends surrounding me. I have gained so many lifelong friendships (including professors/coaches) that I will always be able to call/text at any point.

“Ripon College has given me a strong sense of belonging among the student body and community. I did not think that I would miss being on campus enjoying the small things that occurred throughout the week. I wish I would have sat back and taken in some of the opportunities throughout the years that I took for granted because those will be some of the best times in my life that I had. We are not going to be able to relive them, so enjoy the company and the moment while we can.”