We’re still here: Jack Nelson ’20

Jack Nelson ’20 of Portage, Wisconsin, determined the direction of his career as a student at Ripon College. After his graduation in May, he hopes to find a job in social media or video production within collegiate athletics or professional sports.

He is majoring in communication.

“The biggest lesson I’ve learned at Ripon College is what I want my career to be,” he says. “Through my internship with Ripon’s Office of Marketing and Communications, I learned that I really enjoy digital media and working with athletics teams.”

Of the off-campus end to the semester, Nelson says, “Considering my senior year baseball season had been canceled, it’s still a shock and surreal that this all has happened. I’m still coping with this situation, but I’m still finding the positive within it by being available for job interviews and spending time with my entire family. Although it’s not ideal, I am making the most of this time with loved ones!”