We’re still here: Briana Bartz ’20

A wedding is the immediate plan after graduation for Briana Bartz ’20 of Brandon, Wisconsin.

She will marry Todd Petersen ’19, “assuming we don’t have to postpone or celebration due to COVID-19,” she says.

Bartz is a mathematics major with an educational studies minor. She plans to teach middle or high school mathematics.

“The most important lesson I learned from Ripon College is that I can’t make everyone happy, and that’s OK,” she says. “This last semester at Ripon College, I have not been on campus. I have been student teaching and coming to campus for track and field practice.

“I am currently student teaching online at Rosendale Intermediate School. To cope with this sudden change, I have forcing myself to maintain a routine. I have also continued to the workouts that Coach Robert Wood has been sending me. Each day, one of my teammates provides the team with motivational thought of the day; these have kept me motivated in both my training and my online student teaching.”