We’re still here: Christopher Miller ’20

Christopher Miller ’20 of Ripon, Wisconsin, will be attending U.S. Marine Corps Officer Candidates School in the fall. He is majoring in politics and government and business management with a minor in philosophy.

“The most important lesson I learned while at Ripon is the realization that the more I put into things — such as school assignments, work, relationships with others, physical and mental health, etc. — the more I got out of them,” he says. “I have learned that in life many times we have to do things that we don’t necessarily want to do. But if we consistently give these things and the things we enjoy our best effort, we will reap the benefits; if not immediately, in the near future.”

He adds, “This off-campus end of my senior year is unfortunate and not ideal, but in these trying times the slight inconveniences I am experiencing does not even begin to compare to the suffering of many others. I am just grateful for the health of myself and my family up to this point.”