We’re still here: Austin Burton ’20

Austin Burton ’20 of Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, plans to continue to run @NehringLimousine out of Fond du Lac after graduation this month. He also will work in operations for General Motors Corporation after the automotive industry and economy gets back on its feet.

At Ripon, he has a self-designed major in marketing.

“The most important lesson I learned from Ripon College that I will take with me into my post-college life is to listen to everyone’s thoughts and opinions and give them value especially while collaborating in a group project,” Burton says. “Ripon College classes emphasize this through the Catalyst 300 project. I can attest from my own management experience that I have found value in this when working with my employees planning new business collaborations and projects. I can assure the classes 2021 and beyond that they will find value in this as well.”

He is finishing the semester off campus. “The COVID-19 pandemic is affecting all of us, and online classes are new to most of us on campus,” Burton says. “Ripon College however, has taught us to be adaptable and well-rounded compared to other educational systems and I think of this unfortunate scenario as just another opportunity to improve ourselves by becoming more responsible and self-motivated.”