We’re still here: Zelina Zimmerman ’20

After taking a year off to work after graduation, Zelina Zimmerman ’20 of Deerfield, Wisconsin, will apply to nursing programs for the following year.

At Ripon, she is majoring in biology with a minor in history.

“The most important lesson from Ripon College that I am taking into my future would be not being afraid to try new things and step outside my comfort zone,” she says. “Ripon has allowed me to meet many new people and be involved in so many unique opportunities that I would not have done, had I not stepped out of my comfort zone.”

Zimmerman is finishing the semester off campus because of the COVID-19 pandemic. “It is difficult knowing I will not be finishing my senior year on campus with my roommates, friends, classmates, professors and other faculty members,” she says. “However, I am making the most of this new experience. I have worked with my professors to make sure ‘online school’ is offering me the best educational experience possible. I have also spent this time with my family and enjoying the outdoors. I cannot wait for the opportunity to visit campus again and to ‘officially’ graduate.”