Alumni Weekend 2021 Updates
Dear Ripon College Alumni,
Following months of discussion and planning, and with strong consideration of CDC, Fond du Lac County and campus guidelines, I’m pleased to announce that Ripon College will be offering both virtual and in-person programming for Alumni Weekend 2021. Regardless of how you would like to connect, the Office of Constituent Engagement is developing a variety of activities that will be available in both June and August 2021. Full schedules, lodging and programming details will be posted soon to ripon.edu/alumni-weekend.
- In honor of our June Alumni Weekend traditions, virtual alumni programming will be held Tuesday, June 22, through Saturday, June 26, and will include: an alumni town hall, R Connections webinars, affinity socials, a summer book club and special recognition of the 2020 and 2021 Athletic Hall of Fame Inductees.
- The only in-person event, the Doc Weiske ’50 Memorial Golf Scramble, will be held off campus on Friday, June 25.
A combination of virtual and in-person Alumni Weekend programming will be held the first week of August. We will continue to evaluate the state of COVID-19 restrictions. If circumstances change at the local and national levels and we need to cancel in-person programming, that decision will be made and communicated by July 1, 2021.
- Virtual programming will be held Tuesday, Aug. 3, through Saturday, Aug. 7, and will include: a reunion-focused alumni town hall that also previews the new academic year, additional R Connections webinars, the summer book club capstone, and the traditional “That Was Then” storytelling session.
- In-person, on-campus programming will be held Friday, Aug. 6, through Sunday, Aug. 8, and will focus on alumni awards recognition, 2020 and 2021 reunion classes, and outdoor events like Rally Run and a prairie walk.
- Additionally, the Class of 2020 will be welcomed officially to our alumni community with a special Commencement ceremony.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we have continued to evaluate the state of COVID-19 restrictions while prioritizing the safety and health of our internal and external campus community. We look forward to providing more details in the coming weeks.
Amy Gerretsen ’04
Director of Constituent Engagement
Dear Ripon College community: Today marks the celebration of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day. It is a time when our nation remembers the life […]
“Tide Charts: Ebb and Flow,” an exhibit of mixed-media artworks by James B. Thompson ’73, is on view through Feb. 25 in Western Oregon University’s […]
Dear Ripon College Community, Happy New Year! I hope that you had the opportunity to relax and unwind over the winter break. I am truly […]
Dec. 7, 1941, was declared “a date which will live in infamy” by U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt after the Empire of Japan’s attack on […]