Class of 2021: Cierra Boutelle

We celebrate the Class of 2021, what they have achieved during their years at Ripon and what they hope to achieve in the next chapter of their lives.

Cierra Boutelle ’21 of Mineral Point, Wisconsin, is majoring in exercise science-athletic training with minors in psychology as well as strength and conditioning. She will attend the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh to receive a master’s degree in athletic training.

“The most important lesson I will take with me into post-college life is to follow your own life path,” Boutelle says. “Don’t worry about what others are doing or saying because they will only hold you back. Even when the days get hard and long the end result is always worth it. No matter what, keep pushing forward to be your best self every single day.”

She says her favorite memory of Ripon was placing third at the NCAA swim conference. “My medal is more than just a medal,” she says. “It represents all the hard work and dedication I put into swimming. Most importantly, I could not have done it without my teammates, friends, family, coaches and athletic trainers. They have all pushed me, encouraged me and challenged me to be the best athlete and person I could possibly be every single day.”

To read stories about other members of the Class of 2021, visit ripon.edu/class-of-2021.