Ripon College bands will perform outdoor concerts April 23, April 30
Ripon College’s Symphonic Wind Ensemble and Jazz Ensemble have planned upcoming outdoor concerts for the on-campus community only from the steps of Harwood Memorial Union. At 7 p.m. Friday, April 23, (rain date April 24), Symphonic Wind Ensemble will perform works by Vaughn Williams, Lauridsen and Standridge. At 7 p.m. Friday, April 30, (rain date May 1), Jazz Ensemble will perform jazz standards and other selections.
Attendance is limited to the on-campus community, and all should maintain the College’s masking and social distancing guidelines.
Assistant Professor of Music Tobin Shucha is the conductor.
Member of Symphonic Wind Ensemble are:
- Flute: Meridian Gassen ’24 of Fond du Lac, Wisconsin; Madeline Kuhl ’21 of Whitewater, Wisconsin; Lydia Wiley Deal ’22 of Whitewater, Wisconsin; Logan Zeinert ’22 of Wittenberg, Wisconsin
- Clarinet: Sarah Hurtgen ’24 of Fond du Lac, Wisconsin; Claire Lefeber ’23 of Waunakee, Wisconsin
- Saxophone: Jillian Heidenreich (alto) ’21 of Monroe, Wisconsin; Jessica Miles (tenor) ’21 of Lancaster, Wisconsin
- Trumpet: Kylar Kinyon ’23 of Pequot Lake, Minnesota; Caitlin Marsch ’24 of West Bend, Wisconsin;
Jacob Zuehlke ’22 of Whitewater, Wisconsin
- French Horn: Ryan Schneeberg ’22 of Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
- Tuba: Evan Jensen ’24 of Janesville, Wisconsin
- Percussion: Madeline Clark ’23 of Wrightstown, Wisconsin; Ethan Hansen ’23 of Franksville, Wisconsin; Allison Slowiak ’22 of Kiel, Wisconsin
- Keyboard: Lydia Wiley Deal ’22 of Whitewater, Wisconsin
Members of Jazz Ensemble are:
- Alto Saxophone: Jillian Heidenreich ’21 of Monroe, Wisconsin
- Tenor Saxophone: Geoff Guevara-Geer, associate professor of Spanish; Jessica Miles ’21 of Lancaster, Wisconsin
- Trumpet: Kylar Kinyon ’23 of Pequot Lake, Minnesota; Jacob Zuehlke ’22 of Whitewater, Wisconsin
- Piano: Lydia Wiley Deal ’22 of Whitewater, Wisconsin
- Guitar: Alexander Herrera ’24 of Ripon, Wisconsin
- Bass: Erik Dietrich, manager of media and end user services
- Drums: Ethan Hansen ’23 of Franksville, Wisconsin
(Photo: Tobin Shucha)
Jessie Lillis ’13 returns to Ripon for summer residency, presentation of Shakespeare plays
When a series of free performances of plays by William Shakespeare is presented in the Ripon/Green Lake area this summer, Jessie Lillis ’13 will be […]
Review of exhibit featuring work of Rafael Francisco Salas published
A review of Professor of Art Rafael Francisco Salas’ recent exhibit was published May 9 on Shepard Express, a Milwaukee publication. “Cruces|Crossroads” was on view […]
Lillian Brown will perform ‘The OREO Complex’ in Washington, D.C.
Assistant Professor of Theatre Lillian Brown will take her solo performance of “The OREO Complex” to Washington, D.C., in May and June for 10 performances. […]
Lawn concert with jazz, band performances will be presented May 3
The Spring Lawn Concert will be presented Wednesday, May 3, on the lawn in front of Harwood Memorial Union. Music will be presented by Jazz […]