Class of 2021: Callysta Hansen

We celebrate the Class of 2021, what they have achieved during their years at Ripon and what they hope to achieve in the next chapter of their lives.

Callysta Hansen ’21 of Franksville, Wisconsin, is majoring in biology with a minor in criminal justice. After graduation, she will be working as a pathology research assistant at Covance in Madison, Wisconsin, and hopes to attend graduate school later.

“One of the most important lessons I learned from my time at Ripon College is that it is important to leave your comfort zone since you never know what could happen,” she says. “It is important to be open to new things, as well as being open to talking to new people and breaking away from any shyness. Trying new things can lead to new interests, and asking some ‘weird’ questions can lead to incredible opportunities.”

She adds, “I honestly have a lot of great memories from the past four years, many of which were down in the Ceresco Prairie or with the friends I have made, but one of my favorites was my senior seminar project for biology. The opportunity to research something I am so passionate about was amazing and not something I will forget.”

To read stories about other members of the Class of 2021, visit ripon.edu/class-of-2021.