Class of 2021: Amanda Lee

We celebrate the Class of 2021, what they have achieved during their years at Ripon and what they hope to achieve in the next chapter of their lives.

Amanda Lee ’21 of Princeton, Minnesota, is majoring in biology with a minor in psychology. She will be entering the accelerated nursing program at Anoka Ramsey College in Minnesota to become a registered nurse.

The most important lesson she learned at Ripon is to “don’t be afraid to meet new people and make new friends,” she says. “During my freshman year, I wasn’t social with anyone and I spent most of my time in my dorm. I thought I was going to survive like that throughout all my four years, but I figured that it got pretty lonely. I finally stepped out of my shell and became involved on campus, I joined clubs, made new friends, and started to enjoy my college years.”

She says her best memories are “the late-night hangouts I have with my friends and just singing out loud to Disney songs. Having a crying session together because, honestly, all of our classes were killing us and we needed that session to release out all of the stress. We survived our senior year while going through a pandemic. We did it, y’all!”

To read stories about other members of the Class of 2021, visit ripon.edu/class-of-2021.