Class of 2021: Brianna Schnell

We celebrate the Class of 2021, what they have achieved during their years at Ripon and what they hope to achieve in the next chapter of their lives.

Brianna Schnell ’21 of Port Washington, Wisconsin, is majoring in exercise science-sports management and human performance with a minor in strength and conditioning. After graduation, she will be working for Lakeshore United, a soccer academy in Sheboygan, Wisconsin, and plans to later pursue a master’s degree in an exercise science-related specialty.

“The most important lesson that I am taking from Ripon College is that you should live in the present and not worry about the future,” she says. “It can be easy to stress about what’s happening tomorrow, next week, or even a year from now. The only way to control the future is to control what is happening in the present. If you get caught up worrying about the next chapter in your life, you forget that you are living through what you used to look forward to. Tomorrow is never promised so live for today.”

She says her best memories of Ripon College are from the time she worked in the Department of Athletics. “I had the opportunity to work directly with our Athletic Director, Coach Ryan Kane, an opportunity I don’t think I would have had at many other schools,” Schnell says. “I gained invaluable experience and learned countless skills that I can use in my future career. I enjoyed creating a relationship with Coach Kane and the other coaches within the department, and I am grateful for the opportunity I was given.”

To read stories about other members of the Class of 2021, visit ripon.edu/class-of-2021.