Today, we celebrate our interns
National Intern Day is being observed today, July 29. This summer, numerous Ripon College students are gaining professional experience by participating in internships close to home and beyond. They include:
- Madelyn Kohn ’24 of Dalton, Wisconsin, is completing a sports management internship with JustAGame Fieldhouse in Wisconsin Dells. She is a double major in communication; and exercise science with an emphasis on sports management.
- Katelyn Dano ’21 of Hubertus, Wisconsin, is a social media intern at the Wisconsin Maritime Museum in Manitowoc. She is majoring in English with minors in theatre and Spanish.
- Paige Nickel ’23 of Larsen, Wisconsin, is working with the educational animals at the Menominee Park Zoo in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. She is majoring in psychobiology and environmental studies.
- Dionisio Herrera ’22 is working on strength and conditioning with members of the football team at his alma mater, John F. Kennedy High School, in Denver, Colorado. He is majoring in sports management.
- Women’s basketball players Bonnie Jensen ’23 of Waterford, Wisconsin, and Jordan Bukouricz ’23 of New Franken, Wisconsin, participated in a three-week internship in Costa Rica with the Foundation for International Medical Relief for Children. Jensen worked in the pharmacy at the clinic in Alajuelita.
- Abbe Lane ’22 of Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin, is helping prepare for concerts for the Green Lake Festival of Music in Green Lake, Wisconsin. She is working closely with Ripon College Adjunct Instructor of Music Deb MacKenzie. Lane is majoring in music education with a minor in theatre.
- Bailey Zanck ’22 of New Berlin, Wisconsin, Aftyn Reinwand ’23 of Chili, Wisconsin, and Sarah Nakis ’23 of Lake in the Hills, Illinois, are interning with the Ripon Historical Society. They are performing various tasks from serving as docents at the society’s museum to inventorying artifacts and curating exhibits. Zanck is majoring in art history and museum studies with a minor in studio art. Reinwand is majoring in art history and museum studies with a minor in English. Nakis is majoring in history with minors in museum studies and French.
- Emily Rigden ’22 of Ripon, Wisconsin, is working with the Ripon Area School District. She is majoring in exercise science-human performance and exercise science-athletic training, with a minor in strength and conditioning.
- Marcus Hartnett ’22 of Edwardsville, Illinois, is interning at Tailor-Made Physical Therapy in Troy, Illinois. He is majoring in exercise science-athletic training with a minor in coaching.
- Tyler Bair ’22 of Mequon, Wisconsin, is a sports performance coach at Athlete Performance in Mequon. He is majoring in exercise science-human performance with minors in strength and conditioning and coaching.
- Annika Anderson ’22 of Arcadia, Wisconsin, is a psychiatric assistant Intern at Strock Medical Group in Boulder, Colorado, She is majoring in psychobiology.
- Christina Seese ’23 of Oconomowoc, Wisconsin, is working with the Zoological Society of Milwaukee. She is majoring in environmental studies and politics and government, with a minor in anthropology.
- Abby Stitgen ’22 of Lodi, Wisconsin, is interning with Eurofins Microbiology in Madison, Wisconsin. She is majoring in chemistry with minors in psychology and English.
- Jacob Dudley ’23 of Waukasha, Wisconsin, has an internship through the Center for Politics and the People in the Madison, Wisconsin, office of Assemblyman Alex Dallman. Dudley is majoring in finance.
(Photo: Katelyn Dano ’21 at the Wisconsin Maritime Museum in Manitowoc)
Ripon College competed in the Upper Midwest Regional Ethics Bowl at Northern Illinois University Nov. 13. Caroline Flesch ’23 of Delevan, Wisconsin; Caitlin Marsch ’24 […]
“Everybody,” by Branden Jacobs-Jenkins, a modern adaptation of the classic play “Everyman,” will be presented Dec. 8 to 11 in Benstead Theatre, C.J. Rodman Center […]
The Ripon College music ensembles will perform their holiday concert Sunday, Dec. 5. The program will begin at 3:15 p.m. in the Willmore Center Field […]
Following months of exploration, collaboration and preparation, the fall 2021 Catalyst Day will take place Wednesday. Held each fall and spring, Catalyst Day is designed […]