The face of the Class of 2025: Our new first-year students
The Ripon College community is growing. As of Aug. 27, we welcome a class of 250 first-year students and nine transfer students. This compares to the fall of 2020, which had 241 first-year students and 10 transfers.
Seventy-one percent of the incoming class come from Wisconsin. Seventy-four students represent 23 other states: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Hawaii, Iowa, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, North Carolina, North Dakota, New Mexico, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas.
While COVID-19 restrictions have limited the number of students from foreign countries, Ethiopia and Myanmar are represented.
Other representative facts about this year’s first-year class:
- 159 are recruited athletes.
- Male/female ratio: 52%/48% (includes one non-binary student and one transgender student)
- Ethnicity: 78% white, 11% Hispanic, 4% Black or African American, 7% other.
- Number of legacies (another family member has attended or is attending Ripon): 21.
- Average grade-point average: 3.42.
- Those choosing to go test-optional for admission: 59%.
- ACT average score (for those who wanted scores considered): 25.
- First-Generation: 40% (100 students).
- Smallest high school class size: 11.
- Largest high school class size: 719.
The most common names among the class are Emily/Emilie, Isabelle/Isabella and Jacob.
Ripon College competed in the Upper Midwest Regional Ethics Bowl at Northern Illinois University Nov. 13. Caroline Flesch ’23 of Delevan, Wisconsin; Caitlin Marsch ’24 […]
“Everybody,” by Branden Jacobs-Jenkins, a modern adaptation of the classic play “Everyman,” will be presented Dec. 8 to 11 in Benstead Theatre, C.J. Rodman Center […]
The Ripon College music ensembles will perform their holiday concert Sunday, Dec. 5. The program will begin at 3:15 p.m. in the Willmore Center Field […]
Following months of exploration, collaboration and preparation, the fall 2021 Catalyst Day will take place Wednesday. Held each fall and spring, Catalyst Day is designed […]