The face of the Class of 2025: Our new first-year students
The Ripon College community is growing. As of Aug. 27, we welcome a class of 250 first-year students and nine transfer students. This compares to the fall of 2020, which had 241 first-year students and 10 transfers.
Seventy-one percent of the incoming class come from Wisconsin. Seventy-four students represent 23 other states: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Hawaii, Iowa, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, North Carolina, North Dakota, New Mexico, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas.
While COVID-19 restrictions have limited the number of students from foreign countries, Ethiopia and Myanmar are represented.
Other representative facts about this year’s first-year class:
- 159 are recruited athletes.
- Male/female ratio: 52%/48% (includes one non-binary student and one transgender student)
- Ethnicity: 78% white, 11% Hispanic, 4% Black or African American, 7% other.
- Number of legacies (another family member has attended or is attending Ripon): 21.
- Average grade-point average: 3.42.
- Those choosing to go test-optional for admission: 59%.
- ACT average score (for those who wanted scores considered): 25.
- First-Generation: 40% (100 students).
- Smallest high school class size: 11.
- Largest high school class size: 719.
The most common names among the class are Emily/Emilie, Isabelle/Isabella and Jacob.
Seniors in the community invited to add their memories to Ripon College project
Seniors from the community have one last chance to participate in a ceramic tiles project to enhance the new Ripon Senior Activity Center in Murray […]
Lydia Fredrick ’23, Cydney Pittenger ’22 awarded TriBeta research grants
In both of the last two years, Ripon College students have been awarded the TriBeta Biological Honors Society Research grant. Each year, TriBeta awards grants […]
Cormac Madigan earns prestigious NCAA Postgraduate Scholarship
Ripon College senior Cormac Madigan of Rosendale, Wisconsin, has been awarded a prestigious NCAA Postgraduate Scholarship. The NCAA awards up to 126 postgraduate scholarships annually. […]
ROTC cadets participate in Northern Warfare Challenge
Three Ripon College cadets were among a team of five cadets representing the Fox Valley Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) Battalion at the Northern Warfare […]