Ripon College welcomes Alice Gallagher Archabal ’89 to the Board of Trustees

This week, Ripon College is honoring and welcoming the new members of the Board of Trustees. The board will meet on campus this week.

Alice Gallagher Archabal ’89 of Northbrook, Illinois, has been elected a member of the Board of Trustees, Class of 2024, effective Oct. 2, 2021.

She is vice president of market strategy for ALSAC (American Lebanese Syrian Associated Charities), the fundraising and awareness organization for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. Archabal is responsible for leading the territory teams to drive fundraising and awareness in support of St. Jude.

Previously, she was chief development officer for Froedtert Hospital Foundation and the Medical College of Wisconsin in Milwaukee and senior vice president/chief operating officer for the Ann and Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago Foundation.

At Ripon, she majored in anthropology and was a member of Alpha Chi Omega. She attends regional campus events, has served as a reunion volunteer and volunteered in the Office of Admission. She continues to provide strong financial support and loyalty to Ripon College.

Her family includes her husband, John F. Archabal ’88, and their son, John F. Archabal Jr.

Archabal says Ripon is important to her family as both she and her husband are alumni. “I am so grateful for the education I received at Ripon,” she says. “It helped shape the person I am today and has given me such purpose. I want to pay it back and pay it forward to ensure future students have the same experience I did.”

She says that during her time on the board, “I hope to contribute to the future vision of Ripon, to help guide and provide the right academic offerings to equip students for the future. The landscape of education continues to change and we need to ensure that students who attend a four-year institution have the right curriculum to equip them to embark on their journey in life. I hope to bring new thoughts and ideas to the table.”