Scenes from light operas will be performed Nov. 21
“A Night at the Operetta,” featuring scenes from the light opera repertoire, will be presented at 7 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 21, in Demmer Recital Hall, C.J. Rodman Center for the Arts, at Ripon College.
Admission is free and all are welcome to attend. Masks are required to be worn.
In collaboration with pianist and Visiting Instructor of Music Deb MacKenzie, Ripon College voice students from the studios of Assistant Professors of Music Paul Thompson and Erin Bryan will perform as soloists and in ensembles in works ranging from the comical works of Gilbert and Sullivan to the darker tones of Kurt Weill.
Student performers will be:
- Madeline Adler ’25 of Tomah, Wisconsin
- Yacob Bennett ’22 of Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Abrianna Gommel ’22 of Fennimore, Wisconsin
- Lucie Hodgkins ’25 of McFarland, Wisconsin
- Caleb Klinzing ’22 of Sheboygan, Wisconsin
- Abbe Lane ’22 of Neenah, Wisconsin
- Kai Liptow ’23 of Ripon, Wisconsin
- Ethan Mans ’24 of Princeton, Wisconsin
- Ian Oakley ’25 of Stoughton, Wisconsin
- RJ Olson ’23 of Winnneconne, Wisconsin
- Kaleb Schroeder ’24 of Iron Ridge, Wisconsin
- Alli Slowiak ’22 of Kiel, Wisconsin
- Lydia Wiley Deal ’22 of Whitewater, Wisconsin
Yid Vicious, a Madison, Wisconsin-based ensemble specializing in a unique blend of traditional and contemporary Yiddish folk music, will perform in the Chamber Music and […]
Students participating in the summer Momentum Leadership Fellows Program took a field trip to the Milwaukee Zoo Aug. 11 and met with Jodi Gibson ’89, […]
The Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra will return to Ripon College Sunday, Oct. 1, for its annual appearance on campus. The free performance will be presented by […]
A husband-and-wife soprano and piano duo will perform at Ripon College Friday, Sept. 15, as part of the Chamber Music and Jazz at Ripon series. […]