Chamber Singers to kick off spring concert tour Monday
The Ripon College Chamber Singers will present their spring tour in Manitowoc, Sheboygan and Ripon. The choir is under the direction of Assistant Professor of Music Paul H. Thompson.
- The choir will perform at 7 p.m. Monday, March 14, at Roncalli High School in Manitowoc as part of the high school’s spring choir concert.
- The choir will perform at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 15, at Grace Episcopal Church in Sheboygan. Pianist Deb MacKenzie and soprano Erin K. Bryan will collaborate on the program.
- The choir will present their full spring tour program at 3:15 p.m. Sunday, March 27, in Demmer Recital Hall, C.J. Rodman Center for the Arts, at Ripon College.
Selections will include “Kyrie” from Mass in D minor, by Joseph Haydn; “Desh,” an Indian raga, arranged by Ethan Sperry; “Light of a Clear Blue Morning,” by Dolly Parton; and “The Stars Stand Up in the Air,” by Eric William Barnum.
All performances are free and open to the public and require no prior reservation.
In addition to the public events, the choir also will be doing private singing exchanges with students at these high schools: St. Mary’s Spring Academy in Fond du Lac; Manitowoc Lincoln High School; Roncalli High School in Manitowoc; Sheboygan North High School; and Cedar Grove-Belgium High School.
Members of the choir are:
- Soprano: Valerie Bruce ’25 of Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin; Samara Kusztyb ’22 of Minneapolis, Minnesota; Abbe Lane ’22 of Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin; Claire Lefeber ’23 of Waunakee, Wisconsin; Summer Schlieckau ’25 of Reedsburg, Wisconsin.
- Alto: Lydia Wiley Deal ’22 of Whitewater, Wisconsin; Abrianna Gommel ’22 of Fennimore, Wisconsin; Lucie Hodgkins ’25 of McFarland, Wisconsin; Alli Slowiak ’22 of Kiel, Wisconsin.
- Tenor: Jacob Griggs ’24 of St. Louis, Missouri; Kylar Kinyon ’23 of Benton Harbor, Michigan; Peter Loewenstein ’24 of Oshkosh, Wisconsin; Owen Mehring ’25 of Ripon, Wisconsin.
- Bass: Yacob Bennett ’22 of Milwaukee, Wisconsin; Evan Jensen ’24 of Janesville, Wisconsin; Caleb Klinzing ’22 of Sheboygan, Wisconsin; Ethan Mans ’24 of Ripon, Wisconsin; Ian Oakley ’25 of Stoughton, Wisconsin; Nicholas Taylor ’25 of Antioch, Illinois.
(Photo: Paul H. Thompson)
A variety of musical solo and chamber works will be presented in a concert Thursday, Dec. 7, at Ripon College. The recital will begin at […]
All of the music ensembles of the Department of Music at Ripon College will present their annual Holiday Concert Sunday, Dec. 3. Two performances are […]
Peter Loewenstein ’24 of Oshkosh, Wisconsin, will perform a guitar recital Friday, Dec. 8, at the Thrasher Opera House in Green Lake. The recital will […]
Three Ripon College museum studies students who are interning at the Ripon Historical Society during the fall semester received real-life insights with a private visit […]