Class of 2022: Dakota Stark ’22

We celebrate the Class of 2022, what they have achieved during their years at Ripon and what they hope to achieve in the next chapter of their lives.

Dakota Stark ’22 of Ripon, Wisconsin, majored in elementary education with a minor in psychology. “Before I begin a career as an elementary teacher, I want to take time to fully dedicate myself to my three children,” she says. “Six years of college took a lot of time away from me being the mom I want to be. I am so glad I went for my degree, but now it’s time for me take a step back, breathe and enjoy my children while they still want to spend time with me (haha). However, I do plan to continue working at Barlow Park Brave in the afternoons.”

She hopes to someday work as an elementary teacher at Barlow Park.

The most important lesson she is taking away from her time at Ripon College is that “time is limited and goes by fast,” she says. “Make sure to enjoy the little things in life and make time for things that bring us happiness. Easier said than done, I know, but it is so important!”

She says she does not have one particular special memory but will always remember her two years at the college. “I had negative experiences with the college I attended for four years prior, but Ripon allowed me to finish with a huge smile on my face. Every single person I encountered (students and staff) contributed to my wonderful college experience, and I will always appreciate them for that!”

To read stories about other members of the Class of 2022, visit ripon.edu/class-of-2022.