Celebrate all of Ripon’s fine arts April 29!
Spring Arts Celebration will be held April 29 at Ripon College, highlighting special offerings from the visual art, music and theatre departments. Festivities will run from 4:30 p.m. to about 9 p.m. in C.J. Rodman Center for the Arts. All are free and open to the public. Pre-registration can be made here.
- 4:30 p.m.: Caleb Klinzing ’22 of Sheboygan, Wisconsin, senior organ recital, Demmer Recital Hall. Selections include works by Dietrich Buxtehude, Johann Ludwig Krebs, Louis-Nicolas Clérambault, Louis Vierne, Paul Manz, Georg Neumark and Johann Sebastian Bach.
- 5:30 to 8 p.m.: Reception in Foyer Gallery. There will be complimentary beverages and appetizers, as well as a cash bar. Reservations are not required, and guests are welcome to come and go freely.
- 6 to 6:30 p.m.: Pre-musical discussion of “The Great American Trailer Park Musical” with Visiting Professor of Theatre and director Lillian Brown, Benstead Theatre.
- 6:30 p.m.: Mel Kolstad artist talk, Demmer Recital Hall. Kolstad is an artist based in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, whose work is currently on view in the exhibit “Perseverance” in Caestecker Gallery. The exhibit features numerous small magnetic artworks that will be able to be purchased by visitors, and the proceeds will support fine arts scholarships. Click here to order your magnet in advance! (All magnets must be picked up in-person at the event).
- 7 p.m.: Dedication of the Foyer Gallery and opening of the Senior Art Exhibit featuring work by studio art majors Deonte Perry of Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and Rae Klancnik of Villa Park, Illinois.
- 7:30 p.m.: “The Great American Trailer Park Musical,” Benstead Theatre. Havoc ensues at the Armadillo Acres Trailer Park after the arrival of an unwelcome guest. A riveting musical comedy with a touch of Jerry Springer drama! The two-act musical was written by David Nehls and Betsy Kelso and performed in the first annual New York Music Theater Festival in 2004 and off-Broadway in 2005.
Halle Hadel ’25 and her dog, Eve, bring home Award of Merit from Westminster dog show
Halle Hadel ’25 of Ripon, Wisconsin, and her Siberian husky, Eve, received an Award of Merit earlier in May at the Westminster Kennel Club Dog […]
Jessie Lillis ’13 returns to Ripon for summer residency, presentation of Shakespeare plays
When a series of free performances of plays by William Shakespeare is presented in the Ripon/Green Lake area this summer, Jessie Lillis ’13 will be […]
Review of exhibit featuring work of Rafael Francisco Salas published
A review of Professor of Art Rafael Francisco Salas’ recent exhibit was published May 9 on Shepard Express, a Milwaukee publication. “Cruces|Crossroads” was on view […]
Ripon College forms new chapter of Iota, Iota, Iota honor society
Ripon College has formed a new chapter of Iota Iota Iota (Triota), the national women’s and gender studies honor society. Initiation of the inaugural 17 […]