Celebrate all of Ripon’s fine arts April 29!
Spring Arts Celebration will be held April 29 at Ripon College, highlighting special offerings from the visual art, music and theatre departments. Festivities will run from 4:30 p.m. to about 9 p.m. in C.J. Rodman Center for the Arts. All are free and open to the public. Pre-registration can be made here.
- 4:30 p.m.: Caleb Klinzing ’22 of Sheboygan, Wisconsin, senior organ recital, Demmer Recital Hall. Selections include works by Dietrich Buxtehude, Johann Ludwig Krebs, Louis-Nicolas Clérambault, Louis Vierne, Paul Manz, Georg Neumark and Johann Sebastian Bach.
- 5:30 to 8 p.m.: Reception in Foyer Gallery. There will be complimentary beverages and appetizers, as well as a cash bar. Reservations are not required, and guests are welcome to come and go freely.
- 6 to 6:30 p.m.: Pre-musical discussion of “The Great American Trailer Park Musical” with Visiting Professor of Theatre and director Lillian Brown, Benstead Theatre.
- 6:30 p.m.: Mel Kolstad artist talk, Demmer Recital Hall. Kolstad is an artist based in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, whose work is currently on view in the exhibit “Perseverance” in Caestecker Gallery. The exhibit features numerous small magnetic artworks that will be able to be purchased by visitors, and the proceeds will support fine arts scholarships. Click here to order your magnet in advance! (All magnets must be picked up in-person at the event).
- 7 p.m.: Dedication of the Foyer Gallery and opening of the Senior Art Exhibit featuring work by studio art majors Deonte Perry of Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and Rae Klancnik of Villa Park, Illinois.
- 7:30 p.m.: “The Great American Trailer Park Musical,” Benstead Theatre. Havoc ensues at the Armadillo Acres Trailer Park after the arrival of an unwelcome guest. A riveting musical comedy with a touch of Jerry Springer drama! The two-act musical was written by David Nehls and Betsy Kelso and performed in the first annual New York Music Theater Festival in 2004 and off-Broadway in 2005.
Assistant Professor of Theatre Lillian Brown will appear in a professional production of “The Mousetrap” Nov. 25-Dec. 17 at Next Act Theatre in Milwaukee. Agatha […]
A variety of musical solo and chamber works will be presented in a concert Thursday, Dec. 7, at Ripon College. The recital will begin at […]
All of the music ensembles of the Department of Music at Ripon College will present their annual Holiday Concert Sunday, Dec. 3. Two performances are […]
Peter Loewenstein ’24 of Oshkosh, Wisconsin, will perform a guitar recital Friday, Dec. 8, at the Thrasher Opera House in Green Lake. The recital will […]