Ripon College Jazz Ensemble, Jazz Combo will perform April 21
The Ripon College Jazz Ensemble and Jazz Combo will perform Friday, April 21. The concert will begin at 7:30 p.m. in Demmer Recital Hall, C.J. Rodman Center for the Arts. Admission is free and open to the public. The director is Adjunct Instructor of Music Paul Dietrich.
Jazz Ensemble will perform “Sweet Time Suite: Opening,” by Kenny Wheeler; “Light,” by Paul Dietrich; “Cute,” by Neal Hefti; “How High the Moon,” arranged by Dave Wolpe (featuring Lucie Hodgkins ’25 of McFarland, Wisconsin); “Moanin’,” by Charles Mingus, arranged by Sy Johnson; “Prairie Dance,” by Maria Schneider; “A Place in the World,” by Pat Metheny and Lyle Mays, arranged by Bob Curnow; and “Hubble,” by Matt Ulery.
Jazz Combo will play “Footprints,” by Wayne Shorter; and “El Tigre,” by John Harmon.
Members of the ensembles include both students and community members. Those members indicated with an asterisk also play in the Jazz Combo:
- Woodwinds: Benjamin Cabala ’24 of DeForest, Wisconsin, alto sax, flute; Geoff Guevara-Geer ’92* of Ripon, Wisconsin, a faculty member, tenor and soprano sax; Alec Marcinkevic ’26 of East Troy, Wisconsin, alto and baritone sax; Grace McCrery ’26 of Ripon, Wisconsin, clarinet; Angela Mosconi ’26* of Gillett, Wisconsin, clarinet, guitar; Virginia Pollock* of Green Lake, Wisconsin, tenor sax, flute; Megan Steffes ’24 of Sherwood, Wisconsin, baritone sax; Morgan Sullivan ’25* of Kimberly, Wisconsin, alto sax.
- Low Brass: Emily Byington ’25 of Waukesha, Wisconsin; Casey Getz; Haileey Pick ’25 of Kingwood, Texas; Ty Rondestvedt ’25 of Altoona, Wisconsin.
- Trumpets: Grace Blakeslee ’26* of Green Bay, Wisconsin; Danielle Boerson*; Connor Elliott; Juan Gatica ’26 of Sun Prairie, Wisconsin; Ruth Roltgen ’25 of Brandon, Wisconsin.
- Rhythm Section: Steve Yeomans* of Green Lake, Wisconsin, piano; Erik Dietrich* of Ripon, Wisconsin, a staff member, bass; Ethan Hansen ’23* of Franksville, Wisconsin, drums; Peter Loewenstein ’24* of Oshkosh, Wisconsin, guitar.
- Vocalist: Lucie Hodgkins ’25 of McFarland, Wisconsin.
(Photo: Paul Dietrich)
Halle Hadel ’25 and her dog, Eve, bring home Award of Merit from Westminster dog show
Halle Hadel ’25 of Ripon, Wisconsin, and her Siberian husky, Eve, received an Award of Merit earlier in May at the Westminster Kennel Club Dog […]
Jessie Lillis ’13 returns to Ripon for summer residency, presentation of Shakespeare plays
When a series of free performances of plays by William Shakespeare is presented in the Ripon/Green Lake area this summer, Jessie Lillis ’13 will be […]
Review of exhibit featuring work of Rafael Francisco Salas published
A review of Professor of Art Rafael Francisco Salas’ recent exhibit was published May 9 on Shepard Express, a Milwaukee publication. “Cruces|Crossroads” was on view […]
Ripon College forms new chapter of Iota, Iota, Iota honor society
Ripon College has formed a new chapter of Iota Iota Iota (Triota), the national women’s and gender studies honor society. Initiation of the inaugural 17 […]