Ripon College Jazz Ensemble, Jazz Combo will perform April 21
The Ripon College Jazz Ensemble and Jazz Combo will perform Friday, April 21. The concert will begin at 7:30 p.m. in Demmer Recital Hall, C.J. Rodman Center for the Arts. Admission is free and open to the public. The director is Adjunct Instructor of Music Paul Dietrich.
Jazz Ensemble will perform “Sweet Time Suite: Opening,” by Kenny Wheeler; “Light,” by Paul Dietrich; “Cute,” by Neal Hefti; “How High the Moon,” arranged by Dave Wolpe (featuring Lucie Hodgkins ’25 of McFarland, Wisconsin); “Moanin’,” by Charles Mingus, arranged by Sy Johnson; “Prairie Dance,” by Maria Schneider; “A Place in the World,” by Pat Metheny and Lyle Mays, arranged by Bob Curnow; and “Hubble,” by Matt Ulery.
Jazz Combo will play “Footprints,” by Wayne Shorter; and “El Tigre,” by John Harmon.
Members of the ensembles include both students and community members. Those members indicated with an asterisk also play in the Jazz Combo:
- Woodwinds: Benjamin Cabala ’24 of DeForest, Wisconsin, alto sax, flute; Geoff Guevara-Geer ’92* of Ripon, Wisconsin, a faculty member, tenor and soprano sax; Alec Marcinkevic ’26 of East Troy, Wisconsin, alto and baritone sax; Grace McCrery ’26 of Ripon, Wisconsin, clarinet; Angela Mosconi ’26* of Gillett, Wisconsin, clarinet, guitar; Virginia Pollock* of Green Lake, Wisconsin, tenor sax, flute; Megan Steffes ’24 of Sherwood, Wisconsin, baritone sax; Morgan Sullivan ’25* of Kimberly, Wisconsin, alto sax.
- Low Brass: Emily Byington ’25 of Waukesha, Wisconsin; Casey Getz; Haileey Pick ’25 of Kingwood, Texas; Ty Rondestvedt ’25 of Altoona, Wisconsin.
- Trumpets: Grace Blakeslee ’26* of Green Bay, Wisconsin; Danielle Boerson*; Connor Elliott; Juan Gatica ’26 of Sun Prairie, Wisconsin; Ruth Roltgen ’25 of Brandon, Wisconsin.
- Rhythm Section: Steve Yeomans* of Green Lake, Wisconsin, piano; Erik Dietrich* of Ripon, Wisconsin, a staff member, bass; Ethan Hansen ’23* of Franksville, Wisconsin, drums; Peter Loewenstein ’24* of Oshkosh, Wisconsin, guitar.
- Vocalist: Lucie Hodgkins ’25 of McFarland, Wisconsin.
(Photo: Paul Dietrich)
Assistant Professor of Theatre Lillian Brown will appear in a professional production of “The Mousetrap” Nov. 25-Dec. 17 at Next Act Theatre in Milwaukee. Agatha […]
A variety of musical solo and chamber works will be presented in a concert Thursday, Dec. 7, at Ripon College. The recital will begin at […]
All of the music ensembles of the Department of Music at Ripon College will present their annual Holiday Concert Sunday, Dec. 3. Two performances are […]
Peter Loewenstein ’24 of Oshkosh, Wisconsin, will perform a guitar recital Friday, Dec. 8, at the Thrasher Opera House in Green Lake. The recital will […]