Residence Hall Director
Ripon College invites applications for one Residence Hall Director position. This live-in position will commence in July 2023.
Under the supervision of the Director of Residence Life, a Residence Hall Director will provide educational opportunities and community development activities for 325-360 students at a residential, liberal arts college. Responsibilities include:
- Supervise, evaluate, and motivate 10-11 Resident Assistants & 1 Student Assistant Hall Director
- Participate in the selection, training, and evaluation of residence hall staff
- Coordinate regular staff development activities
- Co-Advise a hall council or area government organization
- Address programming needs of residents
- Co-advise 2 all-campus residence life-sponsored events each year.
- Disseminate on-campus activities information; promote extracurricular involvement
- Challenge students to examine their abilities, interests, values, and limitations
- Counsel and refer students to other student life offices
- Assist in resolving roommate conflicts
- Enforce College policies; conduct judicial hearings
- Assess damages and charge responsible parties
- Share on-campus duty coverage with other residence hall directors
- Maintain a visible presence on campus on both week and weekend days, both when on duty and when not on duty
- Share on-campus duty coverage over College break periods
- Communicate with physical plant staff and housekeeping departments; manage area wide work order systems
- Manage administrative duties (room changes, key check-out, room condition sheets)
- Open and close residence hall(s) for vacation periods
- Coordinate furniture storage
- Regularly participate in professional development activities
- Manage guest rooms
- Support initiatives and goals of the department, division, and College
- Ten to twelve hours per week of a collateral opportunity in a student affairs department outside of residence life is included.
- Other assignments made by supervisors
Qualified candidates will possess a bachelor’s degree and residence hall staff experience; an understanding of the benefits of a liberal arts education; communication, confrontation, programming, and leadership skills; open-mindedness, maturity, approachability, and enthusiasm; and an ability to motivate and support students and student staff in educational endeavors. Candidates should model and embody a personal value system that promotes and celebrates a collaborative workplace climate that recognizes and rewards diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Compensation includes a competitive salary, College meal plan, furnished apartment and reserved parking space.
To apply, send a letter of application, resume, and names of three references to Mark Nicklaus, Director of Residence Life, [email protected]; 920-748-8186. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Electronic submissions only please.
Ripon College is committed to the principles of equal opportunity and adheres to non-discriminatory policies in employment and student enrollment. Ripon College is an equal-opportunity employer and encourages women and minorities to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org