- Ph.D., Exercise Physiology; Kent State University
- M.S., Exercise Physiology; Cleveland State University
- B.S., Exercise Science; Bowling Green State University
- M.A. in Physical Education, University of South Florida
- B.S.E in Physical Education, Truman State University
- M.A. in physical education administration, University of Northern Colorado
- B.S. in physical education, Nebraska Wesleyan University
My name is Ron Ernst, I’m the Head Football Coach, Assistant Athletic Director and Professor of Exercise Science. I have been at Ripon College for the past 30 years. I have also served as the school’s Head Golf Coach and Sports Information Director for a period of time. The classes that I am currently teaching in the Exercise Science Department are Sport Law I and II along with Sports Administration I and II.
- M.A. in physical education, University of Northern Iowa
- B.A. in history and physical education, Coe College
Hi, I’m Rick Coles, Professor of Exercise Science and Assistant Coach of Football. I have taught and coached at Ripon College since 1999 after teaching and coaching at two high schools and three other colleges prior to 1999. I have stayed at Ripon this long because of the quality of the community, my colleagues on the faculty and staff, and the excellent young people I have to privilege to teach and coach.
In my time at Ripon I have served as Chair of the Exercise Science Department (seven years), and have taught several different classes including physiology of exercise, motor learning, kinesiology (an anatomy and biomechanics course), functional anatomy, as well as coaching courses.
I have coached the offensive line each year I’ve been at Ripon, and was the offensive coordinator from 2004 through 2019. In addition, I have been an assistant track coach (throws) for five years from 2000 through 2004, and was head swimming coach for five years from 2004 through 2009.
- B.A. in Business Administration, St. Norbert College
- M.S. in Education, Southern Illinois University-Carbondale