- Ph.D., in English, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- M.A. in English, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- B.A. in English, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Ph.D. in English, University of Iowa (2011)
- M. Litt in Shakespeare & Renaissance Literature in Performance, Mary Baldwin College (2005)
- B.A. in English & Speech-Drama, Mount Mercy University (2002)
I teach courses in British literary history, women’s literature, theatre history, contemporary drama, Shakespeare, and composition. My current book project re-evaluates the place of women dramatists in the time of Shakespeare and his contemporaries. Outside of work, I enjoy being a part of community theater projects, playing piano, working my way through my ever expanding to-be-read pile, and cross stitching.
- Ph.D. in English, University of Nebraska
- M.F.A. in Creative Writing-Poetry, University of Montana
- B.A. in English, Vassar College
Fiction is my favorite recreation; Poetry is my religion. I write in both genres to keep myself grounded and energized. I’m also interested in exploring Creative Nonfiction and Poetry Translation someday soon, but first I’d like to finish writing a new book of poems and a novel or two. I have developed and taught sixteen different classes at Ripon College, ranging in subjects from coming-of-age stories, dystopian narratives, fairy tales, Virginia Woolf, and most recently, the Gothic literary tradition.