Popular Searches

Ripon’s Physical Plant offers a variety of services, including the scheduling of fleet vehicles, processing of work order requests and providing information about the physical attributes of the College.


The Housekeeping Department provides routine cleaning services in Academic buildings on campus and in public areas of Residence Halls and Residence Houses. Detailed cleaning services, such as carpet extraction cleaning, are provided during break periods.


The Maintenance Department offers a variety of services, such as heating and cooling work, plumbing repairs, furniture repair and general carpentry, electrical-related requests, painting, key/key-card services, and locksmithing services.


The Grounds Department is responsible for setups, snow and ice removal and grounds care activities during our peak growing season. Grounds personnel are also involved in trash removal, package and mail delivery, recycling, vehicle servicing, and general campus cleanup.

Submitting a work request is as easy as 1 – 2 – 3

Step 1: Determine whether your request is an emergency or routine.
Emergency service requests always take precedence. An emergency is any situation that threatens lives, could cause serious injuries, or affects the scheduled operations of buildings, equipment or utilities. Examples of emergencies are:

  • Burning odors, smoke, fire
  • Heating problems
  • Water/Gas leaks
  • Stopped up drains/overflowing toilets

Step 2: If you have an emergency request:
Emergency contact can be made 24 hours a day with a member of the Plant Department or security personnel by calling (920) 748-8703, or 8703 from on-campus phones. The Physical Plant office is open from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. each week day. You can contact our office by calling (920) 748-8142, or 8142 from on-campus phones. You also may e-mail your work request to [email protected].

Step 3: If you have a routine request:
Contact your Residence Life Assistant or Hall Director. They will assist you in generating a work request; or submit a request by calling or e-mailing the department.

Step 4: Continue Communications with Plant Department
To check on the status of your work order or discuss any further concerns after your work request has been completed, please contact our office.