Supporting Ripon financially keeps Kimberly Larson ’08 connected

Ripon College is a special place that she continues to care for, says Kimberly Larson ’08 of Apple Valley, Minnesota. Her devotion and support of the College have earned her recognition as one of the younger members of Ripon College’s 1851 Club — parents, friends and alumni who support the College at leadership levels.

This helps maintain Ripon College’s heritage and academic excellence.

Initially, Larson did not know she had earned her club membership. “When I got my Phonathon call leading up to my five-year reunion a couple years ago, the student on the phone challenged me to a specific dollar amount,” she says. “I love a good challenge, especially when it is giving back to something I care so much about. I didn’t know at the time that the donation I made made me an 1851 Club member.”

When she attended the College’s Alumni Weekend the next year, Larson noticed that she had a special 1851 Club membership ribbon on her event name tag and was invited to a special reception at the president’s house. She decided then and there to maintain her membership by giving back to the College at the 1851 Club level each year.

Larson enjoys giving back to college that has meant so much to her and knowing her continued support will give other students the same wonderful experience. As a student, Larson was heavily involved with the College as a member of the Alpha Delta Pi sorority and the Council of Student Organizations, and editor of the yearbook, Crimson. Through her job in the alumni office, she learned how many alumni give back to the College, and Larson was inspired to do the same.

“I started giving back to Ripon while I was still in college and knew that no matter what life threw at me, I would always find a way to continue to give back to Ripon,” Larson says.

Larson attends alumni events regularly and enjoys connecting with other Ripon alumni whenever possible. “There is such a wide range of alumni that show up to these events,” she says. “It is great to hear about their Ripon stories and why Ripon means so much to them. Ripon College is a very special place to me. I built so many wonderful relationships with people, was able to grow as a person, and learned a lot in my four years.”

She enjoys returning to campus and seeing the impact of her support. “Being able to see what is going on around campus first-hand and not just hearing about the changes also helps me continue to feel very connected to the Ripon College community,” she says.

Megan Sohr ’18
Oshkosh, Wisconsin